By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - (July 11th, PS3 tops the Wii!) PS3 SW will be able to surpass Wii and 360? VGC numbers.

Tagged games:

Will PS3 pass anyone?

No. 70 23.73%

Yes, but only the Wii 43 14.58%

Yes, but only the 360 (huh?) 37 12.54%

Yes, will pass both (Wii/360) 144 48.81%

Total:294
Lostplanet22 said:

Where did I say it is wrong? Why come up with this proved right stuff?

"Yeah it only needed 8-9 years to do it. You sure it is not very easiy?"

That is kinda saying you think what he said is wrong. 

Around the Network
Conina said:

Not everyone can afford a PS4, XBO or even a WiiU (poorer countries). Or the parents have set a limit for the console costs and don't allow online subscriptions.

The PS3 has still a great catalogue for newcomers with many cheap PS1, PS2 and PS3 games. The support this year wasn't bad either:

All it needs is a long overdue price cut.

almost all multiplattform games have lower numbers on the 360, despite beeing the same

another reason why metacritic just makes no sense

Next week or 2 weeks by now should pass the Wii, i dunno when will pass the 360.

BraLoD said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Next week or 2 weeks by now should pass the Wii, i dunno when will pass the 360.

More like a month to pass the Wii, maybe 3 weeks at best.
It takes around 500K a week of the gap from the Wii, and it still has over 1.6M so 3 or 4 weeks.

Next week: the week after that. ( today is 9 July ).

So, the week ending 19 July, or the week ending 26 July. 3-4 weeks since 20 June.

It's impressive to see how the PS3 recovered during the generation. Who would have thought that it could sell so much software in 2008?

I think it is going to pass both the Wii and the 360 eventually.

Around the Network

900M, dayum son.

BraLoD said:
Kinneas14 said:
It's impressive to see how the PS3 recovered during the generation. Who would have thought that it could sell so much software in 2008?

I think it is going to pass both the Wii and the 360 eventually.

The 360 still have a comfortable advantage over it as it sells not that less than it.
But yeah, I also believe it'll eventually happen, but if things keep the way they are, will be around the time both are hitting 1B.
Would be pretty impressive.

Yup, really impressive. Last generation was incredible.

I still really don't know how much software sales could drop YoY for a 'legacy' console, but I'm quite confident that the PS3 can overcome both.

Considering that everything PS3 is getting from here on out are multi plats, it's pretty much impossible for it to pass 360 at this point.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Last gen ended up really close in the end.

PS3 will pass both wii and 360 without problem because Sony will keep producing them for a few years yet. There is still decent ps3 software being developed in Japan and there are multiformat titles that will sell better on ps3. As for digital downloads I've got about 0 on 360 and about 70 on ps3 not counting the free monthly games. I may not be typical but I suspect PSN has sold more games because prices have been better.