By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Realistic or Cartoony graphic style - which do you prefer and why?

?

Cartoony 209 65.52%

Realistic 110 34.48%

Total:319

Both for me!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

Cartoony without a doubt.

I must note, however, that this does not imply child friendly entertainment such as mario.

Cartoony really just means imaginative - such as the darkly cartooned worlds of American Mcgees Alice, Twisted Metal, or Fear Effect. The more violent and depraved the better.

Realism is an utter bore.

please change to

REALISM VS ART-STYLE

cartoonish is a sub category.

And my answer would be art style > realism.

Depends on the context. I like gritty-looking for games like Fallout and stylized for games like Zelda or Final Fantasy.

Cartoon-y. Simply because it ages better. Also my favorite series is Tales so...

Around the Network

It looks like I'm one of the minorities that prefer Realism ...

As long as the character designs are great. I will love them either way.

I like both really, I love C&C Red Alert 3's cartoonish art style, I love realistic looking games like Skyrim (though I detest jaggies with a passion in almost any game).

I loved the style of Bioshock series and Dishonoured even though I still have yet to play that game.

Starcraft II also comes to mind with it's vibrant coloured units and maps.

Red Alert 3

Bioshock 2

Starcraft II

Skyrim

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Well it depends on the game. But personally I find heavily stylized games more visually interesting than games chasing after realism.

I like a mixture between both. much like Ocarina of time

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~