By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub is the most underrated game of the year

Have you played Driveclub?

No 328 55.69%

Yes 257 43.63%

Total:585

I would personally put MCC or FH2 as the most underrated game o the year, but reviews are Reviews, it is better to not focus to much on them.

Around the Network
dane007 said:

maybe as i just got the weather update. So far the first few levels have been okay nothing special. The track itself are boring in design  and the drving is too simplistic lol. Lol  you actually pay attention to the skies? I thought most people will be concentrating on driving , not scenic viewing lol. Even the graphics a tthe moment , too me are good butnot phenomenal as everyone claims it ot e . maybe the weather update may change that view.  

Yup, first few levels are easing into it. The tracks are far from boring in design, the early cars are just slow and easy. The tracks are some of the best I've seen in a long time, a joy to drive over and over, and get very technical in the super and hyper class vehicles. They flow really nicely, perfect for setting high scores on.
Ofcourse I also look at the skies, it's part of the screen and adds to the immersion of driving on open roads. Before the weather update, day time tracks already looked very good to great, night time driving best I've seen. After the weather update it's another game. The lighting is what makes the difference.

I think DK:TF and its soundtrack are underrated. The best 2D Platformer in the past couple years. Ryman Legends a close 2nd though

tbone51 said:
I think DK:TF and its soundtrack are underrated. The best 2D Platformer in the past couple years. Ryman Legends a close 2nd though

There have been a few better ones IMO. Rayman Legends being one of them ;)

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
tbone51 said:

I agree Rayman Legends was good, shovel knight was bad ass too, but i think DK takes based on how well and unique most of its level design was and how your always thrown into a completely different level in terms of gameplay.

But opinions are opinions. 

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
dane007 said:

maybe as i just got the weather update. So far the first few levels have been okay nothing special. The track itself are boring in design  and the drving is too simplistic lol. Lol  you actually pay attention to the skies? I thought most people will be concentrating on driving , not scenic viewing lol. Even the graphics a tthe moment , too me are good butnot phenomenal as everyone claims it ot e . maybe the weather update may change that view.  

Yup, first few levels are easing into it. The tracks are far from boring in design, the early cars are just slow and easy. The tracks are some of the best I've seen in a long time, a joy to drive over and over, and get very technical in the super and hyper class vehicles. They flow really nicely, perfect for setting high scores on.
Ofcourse I also look at the skies, it's part of the screen and adds to the immersion of driving on open roads. Before the weather update, day time tracks already looked very good to great, night time driving best I've seen. After the weather update it's another game. The lighting is what makes the difference.

Agreed, they really are superb, and the weather element brings out another aspect that shows even more the great track design in DC. 

tbone51 said:
MikeRox said:
tbone51 said:

I agree Rayman Legends was good, shovel knight was bad ass too, but i think DK takes based on how well and unique most of its level design was and how your always thrown into a completely different level in terms of gameplay.

I'm so stoked for Shovel Knight! :D You played Jazz? That is an awesome little platformer that came out of nowhere. I'm so glad this genre has had the ressurection is had. NSMB is one of the best things to ever happen to modern gaming!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
tbone51 said:
MikeRox said:
tbone51 said:

I'm so stoked for Shovel Knight! :D You played Jazz? That is an awesome little platformer that came out of nowhere. I'm so glad this genre has had the ressurection is had. NSMB is one of the best things to ever happen to modern gaming!

Im looking forward to Mario Maker and another 2D platformer coming out that actually looks promising is Yoshi's Wolly World. Thankgod after New Island Disaster

@kerotan --> this is my opinion pre weather patch. Well in terms of car quality driveclub is not better then forza horizon 2 considering the size of world. I was expecting alot better visuals for car model since it only ahs small amoutn of cars and the race circuit is small. In terms of environment, i would say forza horizon2 is just as good and that game is again a bigger world.I haven't seen the weather in drive club yet , but i would give that edge towards drive club. Hope that answers your questions

SvennoJ --- i have doen the first six events and so far the desig to me is boring . As you said, the later levels are awesome, so will updating my impression , once i have done more of the other levels with faster cars and weather included in the race. The lighting is definetly awesome. WIll give that you , especially when day time becomes night and how the light reflects on teh car depending on the angle youa re driving at . Its a fun game , but the driving mechanic is too simplistic. For me its more arcadey then a sim racer