Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub is the most underrated game of the year

Have you played Driveclub?

No 328 55.69%

Yes 257 43.63%

Total:585
SvennoJ said:
Kerotan said:
SvennoJ said:

can i invite you to my driveclub. (i don't own it) but i'm sure the owner would be happy to have you...

I'm in RogueSquadron, owned by Fei-Hung (vgchartz). He was reserving the last spot for one of his friends, maybe you can change his mind if you want to switch over.

nah i don't want to leave my sorry! You can only be in one right? 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

Yeah. They want us to compete, not cooperate, bastards :)

SvennoJ said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah. They want us to compete, not cooperate, bastards :)

haah they should have allowed us to be in two! :P 

Kerotan ---> i said in terms of graphics for closed circuit racing, then its the best looking one as we only had NFS and forza 5. In terms of gameplay mechanics Forza and gran turismo are the best . Everyone praised FH2 for its graphics and how smooth it runs in an open world , with dynaic weather and many other graphical feature and even has 4 msaa ( correct if i am wrong). The third person car model in driveclub is not leaps and bound better then FH2

TheBlackNaruto --- not really , but if you have simpele driving mechanics that doesn't challenge you , then the game can get boring especially when the AI itself is not that smart and only knows how to ram you whenever you come close to them. FOr me it feels no where near to sim but very much close to arcadey. I would say its an arcadey race rrather then a mix of arcadey and sim .

@SvennoJ guess i haven't seen much of driveclub but the last 6 events teh environment were average in terms of visuals. guess i need to play more driveclub :) Its the fun factor.. drive club is all about passing this event, passing taht event, beat some of the challenges in teh elve and collect stars and thast it and so far . ( based on my recent observation ). Have you played forza horizon demo? The intro in itself grabbed people interest in playing it . Story made be small but the way its presented makes you want to play it. Drive club on the other hand its jsut race this race that and compete online. I also think with the one dealy , people expected more especially with car count . Plus its meant to be a social game and atm its far from it.

Around the Network
dane007 said:

@SvennoJ guess i haven't seen much of driveclub but the last 6 events teh environment were average in terms of visuals. guess i need to play more driveclub :) Its the fun factor.. drive club is all about passing this event, passing taht event, beat some of the challenges in teh elve and collect stars and thast it and so far . ( based on my recent observation ). Have you played forza horizon demo? The intro in itself grabbed people interest in playing it . Story made be small but the way its presented makes you want to play it. Drive club on the other hand its jsut race this race that and compete online. I also think with the one dealy , people expected more especially with car count . Plus its meant to be a social game and atm its far from it.

I don't have an XBox One yet and I don't want to play it on 360. I did finish all the events in the first one. Yet that's just it, with an openworld racer I check of all the races and move on. A track based racer keeps me coming back for another go since the tracks are so well crafted. In Forza Horizon (and other openworld racers) the races are just there to level up. In DriveClub I can easily spend an hour trying to beat a challenge or create a tough challenge of my own.

In FH I didn't like having to go back to the festival to level up and buy things. Having to follow a line or a map or a gps is also always distracting in openworld racers. I have the hud turned off in DriveClub which wouldn't work in an openworld racer. (The first one did block off circuit races, but the circuits still felt akward, not designed for optimum racing)

And story in a racer, please no. FH let you play after the intro without story interruptions. You only had to get back to the festival to level up. I hope that's still the same in FH2?

Openworld racers have other strengths. I like the long races in those games and the car delivery and taxi missions.

SvennoJ said:
dane007 said:

I don't have an XBox One yet and I don't want to play it on 360. I did finish all the events in the first one. Yet that's just it, with an openworld racer I check of all the races and move on. A track based racer keeps me coming back for another go since the tracks are so well crafted. In Forza Horizon (and other openworld racers) the races are just there to level up. In DriveClub I can easily spend an hour trying to beat a challenge or create a tough challenge of my own.

In FH I didn't like having to go back to the festival to level up and buy things. Having to follow a line or a map or a gps is also always distracting in openworld racers. I have the hud turned off in DriveClub which wouldn't work in an openworld racer. (The first one did block off circuit races, but the circuits still felt akward, not designed for optimum racing)

And story in a racer, please no. FH let you play after the intro without story interruptions. You only had to get back to the festival to level up. I hope that's still the same in FH2?

Openworld racers have other strengths. I like the long races in those games and the car delivery and taxi missions.

While there is truth in this post and very much of it, I miss the arcade racers like Daytona USA or Ridge Racer(s) (or Scud Race which never saw a release on consoles, sadly) where you have really well crafted tracks. With this I very much prefer less tracks but tracks that are demanding with their cornering, layout and car handling while they were not *that* realistic.

But I have to disagree with your opinion about FH has nothing to go back. It was and still is a lot of fun to race against your friends (rivals in FH) to beat their times. Did you miss this? Beating the times of friends over and over again is what keeps me playing the game still today.

Oh yeah, listen dudes, Driveclub was a terrible game wen it came out but now has a beautifull weather system so now it´s great.... of course.

SvennoJ said:
dane007 said:

similar but in FH2 theres a very small story at the begining before they give you the introduction to the game. After that you are free to do whatever you like. I haven't played teh first FH but i have played the second one and in the second one, the world is huge and beautiful and tonnes to do .  But in any racer , including openworld one like FH2, there are chllenges to beat, time trials , beaiting your friends time, speed checks as well and more.  Have played more events. Done another 6 events. Its a bit better playing cockpit view and still its easy to win lol.  So far the tracks , haven't changed as much , still looks dull. In saying that i did play a single event , with snow and  heavy precipitation and i have to say that was awesome.  The game feels much better as theres that extra challenge having to win a race through extreme weather. I would personally give at most 7/10 from my experience. Currently level 8 . 

teigaga said:
Well they should re-release it in 2015 with new content. Give the content to existing owners for free.

totally agree on this. It's a great game!