By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Call of Duty Decline Discussion

Call of Duty Franchise Status

Fatigued 78 46.71%

Declining 73 43.71%

Replenishing 16 9.58%

Total:167

Definately fatigued. But I don't trust the article posted. Myself and everyone I know bought digital which I do not believe was included.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:

Ghosts is really the first COD game I have invested time in (use to play Halo until the fourth game pretty much ruined MP imo) and so, it's weird to watch all the hate that it gets. I really don't understand it. Do you think it's because most people don't like being killed by snipers/campers? That's really all I can think of since AW is so praised and also anti camp.

About the community size... how long can I expect Ghosts to have a decent amount of players? I only play team death match.  

Well TDM is by far the most popular mode and if your plannnig on playing Ghosts for another 4-5 years then your in luck. MW1 still has great community support and the game is about 6 years old.

I’ve been playing CoD heavily since MW2, MW3 being my favorite, but Ghosts doesn’t really suffer from anything that other CoD’s haven’t suffer from. Ghosts is a complete CoD experience, I also don’t understand the hate it gets. As for snipers/campers, EVERY CoD has those, and camping was by far the easiest way to get MOAB’s in MW3 which is the equivalent to the KEM strike from Ghosts where you have to get 25 kills with guns without dying. Snipers are varied in all CoD’s, the way people camp is different in different modes, its just what makes CoD so great as an arcade shooter. It supports sooo many play styles and does them well with great maps. AW strays from this a bit offering maybe not more open maps but more ways to get around the maps. There are still maps in which you can get campy and hold an area down its just more difficult to gauge since people can come from many more angles due to the exo suits.

A_C_E said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Ghosts is really the first COD game I have invested time in (use to play Halo until the fourth game pretty much ruined MP imo) and so, it's weird to watch all the hate that it gets. I really don't understand it. Do you think it's because most people don't like being killed by snipers/campers? That's really all I can think of since AW is so praised and also anti camp.

About the community size... how long can I expect Ghosts to have a decent amount of players? I only play team death match.  

Well TDM is by far the most popular mode and if your plannnig on playing Ghosts for another 4-5 years then your in luck. MW1 still has great community support and the game is about 6 years old.

I’ve been playing CoD heavily since MW2, MW3 being my favorite, but Ghosts doesn’t really suffer from anything that other CoD’s haven’t suffer from. Ghosts is a complete CoD experience, I also don’t understand the hate it gets. As for snipers/campers, EVERY CoD has those, and camping was by far the easiest way to get MOAB’s in MW3 which is the equivalent to the KEM strike from Ghosts where you have to get 25 kills with guns without dying. Snipers are varied in all CoD’s, the way people camp is different in different modes, its just what makes CoD so great as an arcade shooter. It supports sooo many play styles and does them well with great maps. AW strays from this a bit offering maybe not more open maps but more ways to get around the maps. There are still maps in which you can get campy and hold an area down its just more difficult to gauge since people can come from many more angles due to the exo suits.

Wow, I didn't think COD4 would even still be playable online... let alone enough players to get into games quickly. That's crazy. It's also crazy that Activision gets hated on so much, when they're allowing people to game on games from 2007! EA shuts Madden down in what, two years? 

I'm gonna hold out on AW and wait and see what comes out next. I'd like to see a return to WW2 personally, but that's probably because I'm new. I've heard most COD vets puke at the thought due to burn out lol. 

Thanks for the help!