By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's time to accept it, XBO has won the US this gen

Fusioncode said:
Kerotan said:
i know the thread is a joke but anyway here's what i think....

If Sony in the US release a 299 PS4 next year I don't think MS will go much lower if lower at all. It's up to SOny what happens really, they hold all the cards.

It is not a joke. Microsoft will never let PS4 achieve price parity. They don't care about losses so they can afford to keep dropping the price. 

SO if SOny release a 299$ PS4 will they release a 250$ X1 with 3 free games? DO they really want to sell 5M X1's in the US next year and lose over 1BN$? They're trying to make money back on the Xbox not lose billions more.

Around the Network

Still waiting for Halo before I make a bold claim. We don't know yet how much the gap will widen again next year and how much Halo will be able to close it.

If Sony don't completely embarrass themselves it might be a close race(within 10%) throughout the whole gen.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Kerotan said:
Fusioncode said:
Kerotan said:

If Sony in the US release a 299 PS4 next year I don't think MS will go much lower if lower at all. It's up to SOny what happens really, they hold all the cards.

It is not a joke. Microsoft will never let PS4 achieve price parity. They don't care about losses so they can afford to keep dropping the price. 

SO if SOny release a 299$ PS4 will they release a 250$ X1 with 3 free games? DO they really want to sell 5M X1's in the US next year and lose over 1BN$? They're trying to make money back on the Xbox not lose billions more.

Yes. Microsoft will always have a price advantage. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I don't know if all that precipitated price cutting in less than 2 years of the life of the console will look good in the eyes of the investors. Sure, Microsoft has a lot of money to justify the price cuts, but investors won't like that the Xbox division is not profiting as much as expected because of those pricecuts. I'm not saying the investors will force Microsoft to get rid of said division; that's crazy. What I'm trying to say is that as soon as the price returns to $399, they'll lose the NPD's.

SwooshX said:
Drazgonow said:
SwooshX said:
Nem said:
Hmm... so are Microsoft's shareholders supposed to take those losses with a smile? When the money could be invested in something else that might yield better returns? I really dont think its that simple.

Lets be honest MS spends a lot more money on stupid things all the time (Nook, buying Nokia only to then shelve the Nokia brand, etc. etc.). As long as XBox is "winning" I think shareholders will give it a lot more leeway, MS needs something other than their OS to point at and say "hey we're no.1 in something else somewhere". 

NO.

shareholders want profits, wiining means SHIT all to them.  Especially winning where your competition is doubling your sales world wide.

MS makes monstrous profits, losses from the game business are immaterial to them. Besides shareholders don't have final say on everything. I'm sure a big majority of Nintendo's shareholders would like Mario on iPhone ... not as long as Iwata/Miyamoto are on the board of directors. Not happening. 

If Nadella and co. are behind the XBox One, then that's all that matters. 

I think Spencer delivered MS a big victory this holiday, he will be given more leash from now on (not less). 

So behind it they are willing to spin it of. 

What victory, they wone a quarter yet are still losing the game.  Spencer got them a month of pr.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Fusioncode said:
Kerotan said:

THIS!

Seriously, is it not common knowledge that within Microsoft are a lot of detractors who don't care at all for the Xbox brand?  Xbox division can't afford to report nothing but losses this gen to their authority figures.  This isn't some childish popularity contest, it's a business.  And a business that makes no money is a business not worth maintaining.  This is why the price will go back up imo for the Xbox One after the holidays.  And everyone will act shocked. 

OttoniBastos said:
> won one month after losing 10
> had to drop the price and give 2 games for free
> it will return to the 399 price after the holiday to stop the money bleeding
> Doesn't have any AAA game on Q1 2015 to compete with Bloodborne and The order
> "Sony lost USA"

Congrats to microsoft for the winning anyway.....

We have Plenty of  AAA games already.  So yes they are not releasing anything then but have already released slam hits already.

Good guy, Fusion. One of the biggest Playstation fans. Changes his avatar from bloodsomething to Yoshi. Makes a thread about MS winning biggest gaming territory. We can all learn something from him.

Maybe i will miss you if you leave the site tomorrow.

who says sony cant do a price drop in the US? They have done it before and they can do it again, selling their console for a small loss especially since this times you have to pay to play online on playstation just like with xbox. They have tons of other areas to make a profit out of their console.

Sony is just testing the waters how much people are willing to pay for the stronger console.

its time to accept!!! USA resident are fucking retarded

Moderated - Starcraft