By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's time to accept it, XBO has won the US this gen

Here is a question, would it be more logical for Microsoft to focus ENTIRELY on selling their device in the United States (and I mean so much that they region lock it to U.S. soil) and market it as "The American Console" and totally forget about Europe and Asia and Australia or to continue their attempt at making it popular in the rest of the world?

Yes, then they would sell less xboxones overall, but they would also be spending a HUGE amount less money on marketing and making their devices appealing to the French, Germans, English, Australians, and Japanese.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
The PS4 is a fad. ~840k in its second November...

fixed!

It seems that now that Toast is out people are competing to fill the void left by him/her.

Dulfite said:
Here is a question, would it be more logical for Microsoft to focus ENTIRELY on selling their device in the United States (and I mean so much that they region lock it to U.S. soil) and market it as "The American Console" and totally forget about Europe and Asia and Australia or to continue their attempt at making it popular in the rest of the world?

Yes, then they would sell less xboxones overall, but they would also be spending a HUGE amount less money on marketing and making their devices appealing to the French, Germans, English, Australians, and Japanese.

Certainly would help with the lag...

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

I was so sure this was a Toastboy thread. I'm disappoint.

Around the Network

Hmm... so are Microsoft's shareholders supposed to take those losses with a smile? When the money could be invested in something else that might yield better returns? I really dont think its that simple.

Well....I mean this is like the second week where the Xbox has actually won in the US and that;s because of games like Halo and Sunset overdrive, but if we look forward we see no new Xbox exclusive, meaning Bloodborne and The Order will have no competition, so yeah congratz to MS for having Oct and Nov in the US, but it won't last them much.

As long as it stay cheaper than ps4 then I have to agree.

Fusioncode said:

Just now I have realized something. From this point forward Microsoft will always have a price advantage over PS4. They can afford it. Sony wants to make money off PS4 so they have to be careful with price drops. Microsoft knows they can't win worldwide, so they'll concentrate everything on the US. I'm not even talking about moneyhatting exclusives since those don't mean anything. I'm talking about consistent price drops and never letting PS4 achieve price parity. That alone will win them the US this generation. Microsoft will achieve it. 

No, stop being foolish and look at all the factors.  There are realities in the real word that most of you "gamers" are oblivious to.  

RolStoppable said:
OttoniBastos said:
RolStoppable said:
The PS4 is a fad. ~840k in its second November...

fixed!

It seems that now that Toast is out people are competing to fill the void left by him/her.

Ha, 840k is still not good. How much did the PS3 sell in its second November?

i have no idea..how much?