By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's time to accept it, XBO has won the US this gen

Nem said:
Hmm... so are Microsoft's shareholders supposed to take those losses with a smile? When the money could be invested in something else that might yield better returns? I really dont think its that simple.

Lets be honest MS spends a lot more money on stupid things all the time (Nook, buying Nokia only to then shelve the Nokia brand, etc. etc.). As long as XBox is "winning" I think shareholders will give it a lot more leeway, MS needs something other than their OS to point at and say "hey we're no.1 in something else somewhere". 

Around the Network

i know the thread is a joke but anyway here's what i think....

If Sony in the US release a 299 PS4 next year I don't think MS will go much lower if lower at all. It's up to SOny what happens really, they hold all the cards.

See, this is what I was saying earlier. You really need to learn restraint until at least another 6 months. People like you seem to think that one month is indicative of a whole year, even when faced with the facts that for a whole year the XB1 was beaten.

The PS5 Exists. 

OttoniBastos said:
RolStoppable said:
OttoniBastos said:
RolStoppable said:
The PS4 is a fad. ~840k in its second November...

fixed!

It seems that now that Toast is out people are competing to fill the void left by him/her.

Ha, 840k is still not good. How much did the PS3 sell in its second November?

i have no idea..how much?

466k I believe (Nov. 2007). 

840k is quite good actually. 1.2 mill for XOne is ridiculous, that's more than the Wii's second November. 

SwooshX said:
Nem said:
Hmm... so are Microsoft's shareholders supposed to take those losses with a smile? When the money could be invested in something else that might yield better returns? I really dont think its that simple.

Lets be honest MS spends a lot more money on stupid things all the time (Nook, buying Nokia only to then shelve the Nokia brand, etc. etc.). As long as XBox is "winning" I think shareholders will give it a lot more leeway, MS needs something other than their OS to point at and say "hey we're no.1 in something else somewhere". 

NO.

shareholders want profits, wiining means SHIT all to them.  Especially winning where your competition is doubling your sales world wide.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
i know the thread is a joke but anyway here's what i think....

If Sony in the US release a 299 PS4 next year I don't think MS will go much lower if lower at all. It's up to SOny what happens really, they hold all the cards.

It is not a joke. Microsoft will never let PS4 achieve price parity. They don't care about losses so they can afford to keep dropping the price. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

This is true. The X1 will dominate the US from now on and the balance will be restored in the gaming world.

This is a fact since the start of the generation!

IT HAS TO HAPPEN! D:

Drazgonow said:
SwooshX said:
Nem said:

NO.

shareholders want profits, wiining means SHIT all to them.  Especially winning where your competition is doubling your sales world wide.

MS makes monstrous profits, losses from the game business are immaterial to them. Besides shareholders don't have final say on everything. I'm sure a big majority of Nintendo's shareholders would like Mario on iPhone ... not as long as Iwata/Miyamoto are on the board of directors. Not happening. 

If Nadella and co. are behind the XBox One, then that's all that matters. 

I think Spencer delivered MS a big victory this holiday, he will be given more leash from now on (not less). 

that is right homie

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

After the December Xbox sale is over I think it is fairly likely the ps4 will start selling more then the xbone again. I do think this month was a massive mistake for sony though. They had the momentum everywhere and had they been willing to match the xbox price for the holidays in the United States they would likely have kept that momentum. I expect most people will just make their purchasing decision based on what console their friends already have once both consoles are equal price again and I think November and December will allow the xbox to narrow the gap in the United States quite a bit.