By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD PS4 confirmed - Spring 2015, 'system-exclusive features' included

IkePoR said:
RenCutypoison said:

No, but FFVII HD remake would cost 10 times FFXIII budget according to yoshida. What would cost so much ? I have no fkin idea, I'm no producer. So I trust him on this one.

Pre-Production cost nothing compared to production and marketing, so they might as well do it again. Why would they rehash a 15 years old game when we can have a new one, more modern, with a script that doesn't make me laugh when one of the main characters die, with a villain that doesn't look like an emo and the black guy doesn't have a gatling instead of an arm ?

If you want SE to make spiritual successors to PS1 FF, just buy bravely default and second. They are done in the exact same spirit. If you want to play FFVII again, why would you need an HD remake ? Plug in your PS1 and start playing already. There are tons of solution for people who wants to stay in the past, which doesn't require a AAA budget leading to an inbevitable flop.

A remake of the biggest game of the original Playstation will flop?  The most recognized RPG in history will flop? A remake of the game considered by many to be second only to Ocarina of Time(with has a remake ironically) in terms of greatest of all time will flop?

Stop trolling.

They would need to remake the game into a full price AAA game. 
Would you be implying a FFVII release would sell at least 5 million copies when FFX+X-2 HD only made a million ?

Around the Network

I will wait for the eventual PC port, SE has been porting quite a few JRPG's lately and they would be foolish to exclude such a huge market.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

LordLichenstein is busy enough as it is Sony, stop giving him more games!! :D

RenCutypoison said:
IkePoR said:

A remake of the biggest game of the original Playstation will flop?  The most recognized RPG in history will flop? A remake of the game considered by many to be second only to Ocarina of Time(with has a remake ironically) in terms of greatest of all time will flop?

Stop trolling.

Would you be implying a FFVII release would sell at least 5 million copies when FFX+X-2 HD only made a million ?

That's apples and oranges.  X is much more recent and has a much less dedicated auidence.  Like others have said, no one asked for FFXHD - everyone asked for a 7 remake.  Many people didn't like 10 and don't want to play it again.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

RenCutypoison said:
BMaker11 said:

Why would it cost 10 times more? Why not just make a "new" FF with FFVII in mind? You have the characters, story, etc already in place. So that part of the production budget is already covered. Then just build the game like they built FFXIII and are building FFXV. It should have, at the worst, the same development cost as any FF they're working on right now.

You can't use any of the PS1 assets anyway, since they're too old. So just build it from the ground up, like any new FF would be. What's so complicated about that that it has to be "10 times the price of a new game"? Did FFXIII cost 10 times as much?

No, but FFVII HD remake would cost 10 times FFXIII budget according to yoshida. What would cost so much ? I have no fkin idea, I'm no producer. So I trust him on this one.

Pre-Production cost nothing compared to production and marketing, so they might as well do it again. Why would they rehash a 15 years old game when we can have a new one, more modern, with a script that doesn't make me laugh when one of the main characters die, with a villain that doesn't look like an emo and the black guy doesn't have a gatling instead of an arm ?

If you want SE to make spiritual successors to PS1 FF, just buy bravely default and second. They are done in the exact same spirit. If you want to play FFVII again, why would you need an HD remake ? Plug in your PS1 and start playing already. There are tons of solution for people who wants to stay in the past, which doesn't require a AAA budget leading to an inbevitable flop.

Because that's what we've wanted since 2005 when the tech demo was shown on PS3.

And I wouldn't want a spiritual successor. When I say "make a 'new' FF with FFVII in mind" I mean, take the development, production, marketing, etc. that they'd put in, say, FFXIII, and just make that game "FFVII: Remastered". Don't do concept art, develop environments, etc for Gran Pulse. Do it for Midgar. Don't develop character models and movements for Lightning. Do it for Cloud. So on and so forth. No way that costs "10 times more" to do. I'm sure that was just BS from Yoshida as an excuse for why they aren't making it.

And saying "if you wanna play FFVII, just fire up your PS1" is like telling people that were excited for Wind Waker HD "if you wanted to play Wind Waker, just turn on your GCN". Yea, both options work, but it misses the point. And if you seriously think an FFVII remake will flop, I can only call you delusional. It's been the most requested game for SE to make for almost a decade. Just look at the [initial] reaction when FFVII popped up at PSX

Around the Network

I have this game on both the PS3 and Vita and will likely get it again for the PS4 as I am insane lol

IkePoR said:
RenCutypoison said:
IkePoR said:

Stop trolling.

That's apples and oranges.  X is much more recent and has a much less dedicated auidence.  Like others have said, no one asked for FFXHD - everyone asked for a 7 remake.  Many people didn't like 10 and don't want to play it again.

I strongly disagree. FF X is a highly regarded game, my favourite for sure (IX next)

But the £35 price is still a little high for my liking. Not full priced, but more than I paid for either the PS3 or Vita version

hizzah more ports and hd remasters for the library!

>.>

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I skipped the previous gen, so this is great news for me. The remasters, the remakes, everything. Keep them coming :) and actually GTA remaster had great value, the same this FF X remaster had, so why not? If you got it for PS3 or Vita, then skip it, let others that didn't have a chance to enjoy it.

RenCutypoison said:
BMaker11 said:
RenCutypoison said:
BMaker11 said:

everyone seems to be praising this, so I guess I'm the only one that's looking at it with a "meh" attitude. They're seriously releasing Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster HD. How much more HD can a PS2 game get?

Meanwhile, they still won't give us the FFVII remake we've been asking for for almost 10 years because it "needs to have the demand", but have no problem putting time and money into updating games no one demanded or asked for.

Screw SE

That and it will cost 10 times the price of a new game, according to Yoshida.

Meanwhile tons of new games in both japanese and western IPs, but yeah, screw SE, they did another remake. What a terrible company.

Why would it cost 10 times more? Why not just make a "new" FF with FFVII in mind? You have the characters, story, etc already in place. So that part of the production budget is already covered. Then just build the game like they built FFXIII and are building FFXV. It should have, at the worst, the same development cost as any FF they're working on right now.

You can't use any of the PS1 assets anyway, since they're too old. So just build it from the ground up, like any new FF would be. What's so complicated about that that it has to be "10 times the price of a new game"? Did FFXIII cost 10 times as much?

The script can be rewritten, new approach to the story, new scenarios, new story telling that would retain the original one's appeal. I consider almost every anime except for Monster to be the stupidest thing ever put on Earth. Do you care about my opinion? So nobody that wants the remake cares about what people that didn't like FF VII have to say.

I completely agree with BMaker11. SE's excuse that it would cost 10 times more than a normal new game would cost is just crazy. They don't want to do it because it's probably the biggest risk they would take and they are pussies. But if that company had competent people like they used to have, they would make the remake.