By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Any doubt that Zelda U will be 2015 GoTY?

TheLastStarFighter said:
It's going to be one of the best years in gaming. Even on Wii U alone, Xenoblade may be every bit as good. No game has it on lock and I doubt there will be easy concensus. GOTY will likely come down to personal tastes.

Yeah I agree.

When was the last time we had such a good year in gaming?

Around the Network

Nothing stands in it's way except maybe Uncharted 4. Maybe Halo if 343 does an amazing job and Nintendo does a bad job

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Uncharted 4, Batman and Metal Gear Solid 5 will be top contenders.

Uncharted 4 or Halo 5 could alslo win GOTY! Zelda U looks great, but you never know!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

dangerguy said:
First of all, is it even confirmed for 2015? The confidence doesn't seem high that this even ships in 2015.

It's about as confirmed as it can be, the 2015 date was emphasised in the Video Game Awards footage.

Personally it's my most anticipated game for next year, but as others have said, the competition for GOTY awards next year is going to be very, very intense. I think it'll get nominated at The Video Game Awards but a Western blockbuster will win.

Around the Network

There are many big games coming in 2015. I have no doubts that it will be nominated, but winning may be tough given the lineup across the board next year. Zelda will have to make a huge, new impression on reviewers. I think it's definitely a possibility.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Have you heard of Uncharted?

There's only real 5 possible GOTY contendors:

Uncharted 4

Zelda U

Arkham Knight

Bloodborne

The Witcher 3

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Have you heard of Uncharted?

Your yoshi avatar throws me off. Its just weird to see someone with a Nintendo avatar brag on Uncharted over Zelda but hey its cool whatever floats your goat boat.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

It will depend on whether the game reaches its full potential.

If the open world is lively and there's voice acting then I'll be my GOTY. If the world is mostly empty and we have to scroll through text for the story then it will be disappointing.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Seeing as that Witcher 3, Uncharted 4, Xenoblade X, Batman Arkham Knight, Halo 5, MGS V, and more are coming out next year, I think Zelda will actually have a very tough time getting the title.

It'll probably end up being my personal game of the year though :P

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC