By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft looking to port Killer Instinct to PC?

Another reason to not need an Xbox One.

Around the Network

Good idea. Happy with PS4. I just need to upgrade PC to play most of the games.

padib said:
Jadedx said:

I'm sure it won't be. With the exception of small indie titles, fable, or titles to which does not own the ip they do not port games over to the pc. MS didn't want to even publish Alan Wake on PC.

Then why are they reportedly asking the community about it if they had no intentions to port?

Just to see if it worth it, because the pc port beggers have been bombarding the KI live streams (which I see every time I watch) but with comments like

maverick40 said:

Which I have been seeing ALL over the net today It is definately not happening.  MS is not stupid, that is why they rarely port their games to pc unless it is some small studio that needs the revenue whose IP they don't own.

MS knows that every game is a potential system seller, the scale might be small or large, hell I know 2 people who bought Xbox ones for D4 and to justify the purchase of the console One bought KI and XBL and another bought Destiny and Sunset. With this they get revenue from not only the game, but the console, the live sub, and the license fee for any non MS published game the person buys. That greatly outweighs the revenue they might get from selling a pc version, especially with piracy being so prevelant on PC.

maverick40 said:

People keep using that excuse yet multiplat games are generally the best selling games on Playstation and Xbox.

A game like Killer Instinct doesn't move a significant amount of hardware. Its amongst the best fighters and more people should play it, I'd like to see it on PC and 360.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)