By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft looking to port Killer Instinct to PC?

mornelithe said:
Goatseye said:
mornelithe said:

Porting doesn't mean Cross-platform.  Microsoft has traditionally been very very bullish about not allowing X-platform play between PC/Console.

Really? Let me see, Shadowrun (a first party game)  was made (2007) with the intent of allowing cross play between Xbox and PC users. But I guess that's just a mirage and doesn't matter.

Considering it never went past the trial phase with regards to X-platform play, yeah, it's a mirage.  But you're right, the plethora of x-platform games from Microsoft really does stand in stark contrast to my statement.  Brilliance, thy name is Goatseye.

Give me a Sony 1st party game that at least tried to do what MS attempted. I mean at least they had it in consideration, what about Sony?

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
mornelithe said:

Considering it never went past the trial phase with regards to X-platform play, yeah, it's a mirage.  But you're right, the plethora of x-platform games from Microsoft really does stand in stark contrast to my statement.  Brilliance, thy name is Goatseye.

Give me a Sony 1st party game that at least tried to do what MS attempted. I mean at least they had it in consideration, what about Sony?

That was never part of my comments or discussion.  In fact, I downplayed X-platform play when someone brought it up.  If that's a subject you wish to discuss, feel free to create a thread about it.  Otherwise, stop derailing.

Viltsu300 said:
VanceIX said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

That would be awesome! The more PC games the better but again, I do hate the word "exclusive" when it gets used like this. But if they do indeed do it, Tomb Raider will probably be on PC as well after a few months of release which will be awesome if that happens too

Yeah, PC gaming is really picking up now. Never been a better time to own a decent PC!

Why now? It has been like that for at least 5+ years.

Yes, last 5+ years have been brilliant, but recently we've been getting some great news and content (Steam records being shattered, PC exclusives like Star Citizen, hardware getting cheaper), so PC gaming is much more acccessible.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

mornelithe said:

That was never part of my comments or discussion.  In fact, I downplayed X-platform play when someone brought it up.  If that's a subject you wish to discuss, feel free to create a thread about it.  Otherwise, stop derailing.

How's this a derailment if we're talking about games ported to PC/ X-platform? Which KI port to PC topic is  inserted in.

padib said:
mornelithe said:

You're the one who brought it up first.

mornelithe said:
CDiablo said:

Cross platform will likely not happen unless its a windows 8/10 game that uses the XBL infrastructure. Definitely will not happen on steam.

Porting doesn't mean Cross-platform.  Microsoft has traditionally been very very bullish about not allowing X-platform play between PC/Console.

Are you seriously that stupid?  You literally quoted the same message I did. *Golf Clap*

User warned for this post -RavenXtra

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
padib said:
mornelithe said:

You're the one who brought it up first.

mornelithe said:
CDiablo said:

Cross platform will likely not happen unless its a windows 8/10 game that uses the XBL infrastructure. Definitely will not happen on steam.

Are you seriously that stupid?  You literally quoted the same message I did. *Golf Clap*

Why are you calling him stupid over a simple mistake? You guys need to dose down on your testosterone. Edit: Especially this week.

padib said:
mornelithe said:

I'm not stupid. He used the term cross-platform to mean porting. You brought him to the topic of cross-platform play.

You derailed.

In the process you also took the opportunity to take a jab at Microsoft about cross-platform play, thus derailing even further.

Unless he says otherwise, Cross-platform to me, means playing between two platforms.  As he didn't respond and correct me, you're assuming a great deal.

As far as my statement on them not wanting X-play on w/ the Xbox Platform and PC, that's simply reality, and you're being overly sensitive because it wasn't a jab, you just read it that way, because you were looking for something to be offended by.  They have a very clear record of not being interested in X-play, plain and simple, whether you read that as a jab or not isn't my problem.

padib said:

That doesn't make them bullish though, it just makes them uninterested. However I was not looking to be offended as I'm not an xbox fan.

I understand your point about CDiablo's post, I misread it. However, you did not downplay the topic.

You're splitting hairs, over something you misread in the first place.  Kinda makes me not care about whatever else you have to say.

Why not get a Xbox? It isn't like this is a cheap hobby. Keep it just for Xbox One i say

Things are getting a little heated in here. Let's cool it down and return on topic before it escalates further, thanks.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.