By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft looking to port Killer Instinct to PC?

im sure it will be ported

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
CDiablo said:

Cross platform will likely not happen unless its a windows 8/10 game that uses the XBL infrastructure. Definitely will not happen on steam.

Porting doesn't mean Cross-platform.  Microsoft has traditionally been very very bullish about not allowing X-platform play between PC/Console.

I meant cross platform play. MS was fine with cross platform play on GFWL, but hackers and M&K users owning controller users killed that.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

PwerlvlAmy said:
im sure it will be ported

I'm sure it won't be. With the exception of small indie titles, fable, or titles to which does not own the ip they do not port games over to the pc. MS didn't want to even publish Alan Wake on PC.

CDiablo said:
mornelithe said:

Porting doesn't mean Cross-platform.  Microsoft has traditionally been very very bullish about not allowing X-platform play between PC/Console.

I meant cross platform play. MS was fine with cross platform play on GFWL, but hackers and M&K users owning controller users killed that.

I know what you meant, s'all good.

This is why there is no reason to buy the WackBoxOne. All the games go to PC or PS and they only have that generic Halo,fake GT in Forza and overrated gears of War.Who cares about Fable? loL

User moderated for this post -RavenXtra

Around the Network

This is why there is no reason to buy the WackBoxOne. All the games go to PC or PS and they only have that generic Halo,fake GT in Forza and overrated gears of War.Who cares about Fable? lol.Honestly the console is not worth the money and KI is trash anyway.

Xbox one need more " exclusive " games (real exclusive). But if a lot of Xbox exclusive being ported then the studio and Microsoft is doubting their own platform sales like when it was on Xbox original. But i am sure there will be more port coming to PC, if Xbox one sales is worse or similar like the original Xbox.

I'd like to know the sales of the game

Goatseye said:
Xenostar said:
mornelithe said:
CDiablo said:

Cross platform will likely not happen unless its a windows 8/10 game that uses the XBL infrastructure. Definitely will not happen on steam.

Which is very sad, why Sony embrace the PC gaming more than MS is insane. 

How many Sony first party game is on PC? You really think Sony published lately or ever more games for PC than MS?

Ironic how you don't remember "MS exclusives are not really exclusives, because they're on PC."

I was talking more the fact that they dont let PC and Xbox players play together, when PS lets you play together with PC players on quite a few titles now where appropriate obviously. Im not saying they should release all there games on PC, just be more open to cross play for titles that are on both platforms. 

Goatseye said:

Give me a Sony 1st party game that at least tried to do what MS attempted. I mean at least they had it in consideration, what about Sony?

I don't know about 1st party games, but Sony are certainly a lot more open in allowing cross platform play. It's the primary reason why FF14 is still a PS/PC exclusive, despite the director mentioning numerous times that they'd be open to an Xbox version if MS would allow cross platform play.

OT: From what others have said it seems like it's only something they should attempt if they outsource the PC version. If they can find someone who can keep up with the schedule (and ensure everything is stable; no bugs) then i see no reason why they shouldn't. Would certainly increase the games popularity.