By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft looking to port Killer Instinct to PC?

Microsoft Gathering Community Opinions on Porting Killer Instinct to PC

While Killer Instinct has made great strides in the community since launching last year, its exclusivity to Xbox One continues to be a sticking point for folks looking to get into the title. Having to purchase an expensive gaming console and a brand new arcade stick in addition to the game itself is a huge barrier to entry that keeps many from experiencing competition for themselves.

Fortunately, it appears as if the developers are taking note of this issue. Microsoft Studios creative director Adam Isgreen recently took to the official Killer Instinct forums to consolidate a number of threads centered around discussion of a possible PC port, even going as far to put together a poll to gauge the community’s reception to the idea.

In my opinion, the potential boost this could give the competitive scene is priceless, especially if they implement some sort of cross-platform netplay feature that will keep those already playing from dividing.

If you’re interested in having your voice heard, be sure to visit Ultra-Combo by following the link below and take part in the poll.

http://shoryuken.com/2014/12/10/microsoft-gathering-community-opinions-on-porting-killer-instinct-to-pc/

Around the Network

I wouldnt mind if it was on steam.

Cross platform will likely not happen unless its a windows 8/10 game that uses the XBL infrastructure. Definitely will not happen on steam.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

CDiablo said:

Cross platform will likely not happen unless its a windows 8/10 game that uses the XBL infrastructure. Definitely will not happen on steam.

Porting doesn't mean Cross-platform.  Microsoft has traditionally been very very bullish about not allowing X-platform play between PC/Console.

That would be awesome! The more PC games the better but again, I do hate the word "exclusive" when it gets used like this. But if they do indeed do it, Tomb Raider will probably be on PC as well after a few months of release which will be awesome if that happens too

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

On one hand it could help KI, specially if it was cross platform. On the other hand it could hurt KI because they are under a fast paced schedule. They need to focus on every character theyre making in both this season, last season, and season 3. So they need to focus on making them as good as possible and remove all bugs efficiently. MUltiple platforms could make the process slower

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

That would be awesome! The more PC games the better but again, I do hate the word "exclusive" when it gets used like this. But if they do indeed do it, Tomb Raider will probably be on PC as well after a few months of release which will be awesome if that happens too

Yeah, PC gaming is really picking up now. Never been a better time to own a decent PC!

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

mornelithe said:
CDiablo said:

Porting doesn't mean Cross-platform.  Microsoft has traditionally been very very bullish about not allowing X-platform play between PC/Console.

Which is very sad, why Sony embrace the PC gaming more than MS is insane. 

VanceIX said:

Yeah, PC gaming is really picking up now. Never been a better time to own a decent PC!

Well except all the awesome Nintendo and Sony exclusives , would say MS but it feels like half of their games are on PC so...

VanceIX said:

True dat! We get the best* of both worlds! Muahahah!

*Entirely Subjective

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850