By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2015 will be the biggest year for the Vita!

Dr.Vita said:
small44 said:
Dr.Vita said:
kristianity77 said:
2 million at best in 2015. I'd be amazed at more than that. Unless of course....it gets hacked wide open like the PSP did, thats always good for a sales boost.

2 million is too low. It did this in this year and next year it has China.

I doubt it will do well in China,and it will surely do worst then this year in Japan for west it could sold as much as this year or worst

Japan has so a lot more good games in 2015 than 2014! :o

We talk about sale so there is not enough big game in 2015 then 2014 or 2013

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
small44 said:
Dr.Vita said:
small44 said:
Dr.Vita said:
kristianity77 said:
2 million at best in 2015. I'd be amazed at more than that. Unless of course....it gets hacked wide open like the PSP did, thats always good for a sales boost.

2 million is too low. It did this in this year and next year it has China.

I doubt it will do well in China,and it will surely do worst then this year in Japan for west it could sold as much as this year or worst

Japan has so a lot more good games in 2015 than 2014! :o

We talk about sale so there is not enough big game in 2015 then 2014 or 2013

I think you are wrong. :P

PSV officially saved saved: JonTron crowns the Vita with the title of "Best Handheld System to Ever Exist."

Sony could easily make the Vita popular outside of Japan with titles like:

God of War.
GTA.
InFamous.
Call of Duty.
Assassin's Creed.

We got one CoD and AC game, AC was good but CoD Declassified was terrible, if they make a GOOD CoD, the Vita will sell pretty well in the US.

But most importantly, Sony needs to ADVERTISE the Vita. They suck at advertising stuff. When the PS TV was out a few months ago nobody gave a shit because they didn't know it was out. Sony only hypes their home consoles and their very big releases, hell, they didn't even advertise LBP 3 well...

That's very possible.

Around the Network
DetectiveKaito said:

God of War.
GTA.
InFamous.
Call of Duty.
Assassin's Creed.

We got one CoD and AC game, AC was good but CoD Declassified was terrible, if they make a GOOD CoD, the Vita will sell pretty well in the US.

But most importantly, Sony needs to ADVERTISE the Vita. They suck at advertising stuff. When the PS TV was out a few months ago nobody gave a shit because they didn't know it was out. Sony only hypes their home consoles and their very big releases, hell, they didn't even advertise LBP 3 well...

Has Rockstar said something about releasing handheld versions of GTA? The stories series sold very well on PSP and even Chinatown reached the million in the DS. A new GTA could really help Vita sales in the west.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

DetectiveKaito said:

God of War.
GTA.
InFamous.
Call of Duty.
Assassin's Creed.

I think is easy to say dificult to to do,if Sony was able to get GTA and Call of duty they would already do it.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Lol! no.

Dr.Vita said:

2012 = 3.67m
2013 = 3.20m
2014 = Currently 1.87m

And following this trend, you think 2015 will be the biggest?

Look, for a long time I was one of the most optimistic posters here regarding Vita's future, but at this point, it's a corpse outside Japan. It'll make ends meet in the Land of the Rising Sun, maybe even do well with the right exclusives, (I still expect it to get it's own Monster Hunter eventually) but 2012 will remain it's peak year.

st0pnsw0p said:

PSV officially saved saved: JonTron crowns the Vita with the title of "Best Handheld System to Ever Exist."

He's not wrong XD

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.