By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Maker is becoming my most anticipated Wii U game of 2015

PwerlvlAmy said:
MDMAlliance said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

That would be dumber than FF7 PC Port to PS4 lol

No it wouldn't.  It would be strange if they don't allow you to share levels online, but it's not comparable to the FF7 thing.

I see it just as dumb

hey boys and girls heres a game where you can create your own mario levels!....but you cant share them with anyone lol

Except not having online share doesn't mean not being able to share them at all. They will no doubt have ways to share these levels with others. 

In fact, I somewhat expect Nintendo to perhaps have some kind of stipulation that it can only be shared with people you are friends with.   

Even IF they don't do that (which is unlikely), there is always sharing locally.  But I bet you there will at least be sharing with friends.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Marketed right, this could be a HUGE hit for Nintendo. It's like Little Big Planet, but with the benefit of a more powerful license, and Nintendo's simplistic (albeit less ambitious) style.

That's not a knock on Little Big Planet, but simplicity is often needed to make games like that casual hits.

It would be nice if they have two modes. Advanced and casual. 

MDMAlliance said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
MDMAlliance said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

That would be dumber than FF7 PC Port to PS4 lol

No it wouldn't.  It would be strange if they don't allow you to share levels online, but it's not comparable to the FF7 thing.

I see it just as dumb

hey boys and girls heres a game where you can create your own mario levels!....but you cant share them with anyone lol

Except not having online share doesn't mean not being able to share them at all. They will no doubt have ways to share these levels with others. 

In fact, I somewhat expect Nintendo to perhaps have some kind of stipulation that it can only be shared with people you are friends with.   

Even IF they don't do that (which is unlikely), there is always sharing locally.  But I bet you there will at least be sharing with friends.

Sharing locally would defeat the purpose of the game imo

if it doesnt have online sharing then yeah its as dumb as ff7 pc port imo

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
MDMAlliance said:

Sharing locally would defeat the purpose of the game imo

if it doesnt have online sharing then yeah its as dumb as ff7 pc port imo

Not really. I'm not saying I would be okay with only local because it would make the game mostly useful only for those who have closely knit communities that share the game. Plus, saying that is pointless due to this http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2014/09/08/tezuka-hopes-that-mario-maker-will-stimulate-the-imagination/ that proves there will be online sharing.

JWeinCom said:
Marketed right, this could be a HUGE hit for Nintendo. It's like Little Big Planet, but with the benefit of a more powerful license, and Nintendo's simplistic (albeit less ambitious) style.

That's not a knock on Little Big Planet, but simplicity is often needed to make games like that casual hits.

Ya I think this is a nice shake up from the NSMB series which doesn't really feel "new" anymore. NSMBU was still a great game but with 4, 2D Mario titles that are very similar releasing in a span of 6 years, Nintendo needs to take a break from it until they find a way to make 2D Mario feel like a big event again.

Mario Maker has alot of potential and I hope they incorporate it into future 2D Mario titles, instead of keeping it a standalone series. Let's say New Super Mario Bros 3 releases in 2017 for Nintendo's next-gen devices, I hope Mario Maker is a mode that's included in the game instead of making them 2 different series.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
artur-fernand said:
In a particularly funny plot twist, Nintendo announces the game will not allow you to share your levels online.

I'd be laughing pretty damn hard at that.

I was saying to myself "Nintendo can't be that stupid lol"...

I then began thinking...

I stared at the wall...

I sighed...

I cried...

I died...

THE END

prayformojo said:
JWeinCom said:

It would be nice if they have two modes. Advanced and casual. 

What would be the difference between each mode? U can customize the levels to be as simple or difficult as u want, so I don't see the need to make different modes. Maybe there can be a rating system for the levels, u share them and people who complete them can rate them on a scale  from1-10 on how difficult they are, when u go to play other people's levels u can choose which ones u want based on difficulty.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

My top 5 hyped games of 2015
1. Zelda U
2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
3. Splatoon
4. Majora's Mask 3D
5. Mario Maker

artur-fernand said:
In a particularly funny plot twist, Nintendo announces the game will not allow you to share your levels online.

I'd be laughing pretty damn hard at that.

Only NSMB-themed levels can be shared online. The explanation is that the NES and SNES couldn't connect to the internet, so online features wouldn't be consistent with those themes.

It's been one of my most anticipated games since E3; and not just for me personally, but for its release onto the market. If Ninty plays their cards right, I seriously believe this game could work wonders for WiiU.