By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Maker is becoming my most anticipated Wii U game of 2015

It's honestly not even on my radar of games to be excited about, like ever. I'm even more excited about that Kirby game than Mario Maker.

Around the Network

Not gonna lie. This looked basic as fuck at first but now it looks hella sick!

Not my type of game. I might purchase it at a discount price.

Im excited for this however games like Splatoon and Dai Gyakuten Saiban are in my top tier.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

artur-fernand said:
In a particularly funny plot twist, Nintendo announces the game will not allow you to share your levels online.

I'd be laughing pretty damn hard at that.

Nononononoononnono. Levels can only be shared through Amiibo, obvsly.

Around the Network
archbrix said:
It's been one of my most anticipated games since E3; and not just for me personally, but for its release onto the market. If Ninty plays their cards right, I seriously believe this game could work wonders for WiiU.

U and I have both said a $249.99 Mario Maker bundle should release next year but what exactly do u mean by work wonders?

I think the above mentioned bundle in May followed by Splatoon in June could help next summer sales match this year's boost from Mario Kart but I can't see it causing Wii U sales to skyrocket.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

st0pnsw0p said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
It looks awesome but honestly, its not even in my top 10 of most anticipated games of 2015 cause there are just soo many good games coming out next year!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

st0pnsw0p said:
It looks awesome but honestly, its not even in my top 10 of most anticipated games of 2015 cause there are just soo many good games coming out next year!

Shit, quoted wrong guy. I get mixed up on the location of the "quote" button sometimes because some of the forums I'm on have it at the top of the post, others have it on the bottom. I meant to quote the guy below you.

zorg1000 said:
prayformojo said:
JWeinCom said:
Marketed right, this could be a HUGE hit for Nintendo. It's like Little Big Planet, but with the benefit of a more powerful license, and Nintendo's simplistic (albeit less ambitious) style.

That's not a knock on Little Big Planet, but simplicity is often needed to make games like that casual hits.

It would be nice if they have two modes. Advanced and casual. 

What would be the difference between each mode? U can customize the levels to be as simple or difficult as u want, so I don't see the need to make different modes. Maybe there can be a rating system for the levels, u share them and people who complete them can rate them on a scale  from1-10 on how difficult they are, when u go to play other people's levels u can choose which ones u want based on difficulty.

I meant like an advanced vs. easy editor where in advanced mode, you can change EVERYTHING behind the scenes like say, graivity, particle effects, respawn times,textures etc. 

zorg1000 said:
archbrix said:
It's been one of my most anticipated games since E3; and not just for me personally, but for its release onto the market. If Ninty plays their cards right, I seriously believe this game could work wonders for WiiU.

U and I have both said a $249.99 Mario Maker bundle should release next year but what exactly do u mean by work wonders?

I think the above mentioned bundle in May followed by Splatoon in June could help next summer sales match this year's boost from Mario Kart but I can't see it causing Wii U sales to skyrocket.

Well, when I say work wonders, it's still a relative term.  I'm not expecting WiiU to suddenly start outselling the PS4 weekly or anything, lol.  

My main point is that Mario Maker can give the WiiU a more mass-market push.  It kinda capitalizes on the whole game-creation craze that Minecraft made super popular and it does it with a beloved franchise.  Furthermore, it's probably the strongest use of showing how the Gamepad can be very beneficial.  It's quite possible that the console would be in a very different place had Mario Maker been a launch game.

The one advantage that MM has over Kart or Smash is that it's a new concept and franchise for Nintendo and it gives the WiiU its own identity, which is a big reason why throwing more Wii Sports/Fits at the console is a lost cause, IMO.