By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The negative backlash from SE's FF7 port announcement..

Does SE realize what they were doing with the FF7 port announcement?

Yes, they knew they were trolling everyone. 107 53.23%

No, they are that oblivious. 94 46.77%

Total:201
BraLoD said:

PlayStation already have a FF7 in that level of quality, why would it need two?

So how do I play it on my PS4?? Oh thats right Sony wont let me play PS1 games on my PS4. This new port is the only way to play FFVII on PS4.

Around the Network

I don' t get why the announced it in the manner they did. I mean it's a port. It be like Nintendo holding a huge event to announce that Ocarina of Time is coming to Virtual Console.

greenmedic88 said:
It's a straight port of FFVII for PC; clearly not what anyone asked for.

Not sure why this warranted a PSX announcement, but there you have it: FFVII on PS4.

no, its a report from ps to ps4.  so the game started on snes, went then on n64, went from n64 to ps1, get released on ps1, get ported to pc, get rereleased on pc for steam, than gets released on psn, and now they are porting the pc port to the ps4...

Everyone who's a fan of FF7 can easily play it. It's been on PS3 for a very long time and now even on Steam. The fact that they dedicated a whole segment for a port of it is very insulting and dickish. People want a remake. A port is nice to have, but they shouldn't have presented it like that. They mislead people.

They had to known the backlash they would have gotten. There was a survey a little while ago in which FFVII was the most wanted remake. I highly doubt Square didn't know that fans wanted a remake and not a port.

Around the Network

Yup, this was my only wtf moment during the PSX. SE is completely outta touch with the industry... so sad considering the amount of potential they have.

For anyone that had played a game like vagrant story, now take a picture of The order in your head... and think of vagrant story again with all the weapon customization, atmosphere and great story and music in a mystical magical city that is actually a book. GOTY material right there.

If players what to send a message, don't buy the game.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

We understand that you can't render the entire world in real time, but can't you at least update the 3D models? Maybe the battles too? It wouldn't be so costly.

BraLoD said:
ktay95 said:
BraLoD said:

PlayStation already have a FF7 in that level of quality, why would it need two?

So how do I play it on my PS4?? Oh thats right Sony wont let me play PS1 games on my PS4. This new port is the only way to play FFVII on PS4.

Brigging the classics to PS4 would actually be a good move instead of this.
When it comes we will have 2 FF7's there.

This is the first and only announcement of FF7 on PS4. What are you talking about.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

BraLoD said:
outlawauron said:
BraLoD said:

Brigging the classics to PS4 would actually be a good move instead of this.
When it comes we will have 2 FF7's there.

This is the first and only announcement of FF7 on PS4. What are you talking about.

Don't you think the PS4 PSN will get the PS1 and PS2 classics?
When it get'em it will have both the PS1 FF7 version and now this PC FF7 version that will be already there.
And if they don't add the PS1 FF7 version together with the other PS1 games when it becomes available, we will only have the PC version of it on the PS4!

Maybe years down the line, but it won't be happening anytime soon.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.