By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Until Dawn looks fantastic! why is nobody shown it some love!?

it looks great! i think im certainly gonna buy this! why arent people talking more about it? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg7-w2TRzQU

Around the Network

An interactive demo that's full of slasher movie cliches. What's to like?

LurkerJ said:

i guess all games need to be the same. god forib some games try something different. 

They had me at naked lady with bath towel

mii-gamer said:

naked celebrity*

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:

Agreed. Best scene/10

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

It really looks fantastic.

Yeah it looks great and refreshing. It's the dream of many horror movie fans. Now they can stop shouting at the protagonists while getting no reactions and actually do something to help them!

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

bananaking21 said:
LurkerJ said:

i guess all games need to be the same. god forib some games try something different. 

They don't. But you asked about the lack of excitement for this game. I gave you the reason.

If you enjoy this type of games, buy it. I personally don't. Many share my indifference to Until Dawn as you noted. 

I like the look of it. The mechanic of permadeath for each of the characters sounds really good, and will hopefully mean the game is worth playing through more than once. I don't know if the masked guy we saw is the only enemy in the game, it would be cool if there was more, but he is at the very least decently designed. From what I have read the slasher cliche/ B Movie feel is what they are aiming for.

As for why it gets criticised, it's because it is more of a story driven game that doesn't have deep gameplay. It is fine for Telltale games but no-one else apparently. Personally, I'm glad that Sony funds such a wide variety of games. Give me this over another shooter any day.