By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lizard Squad Will Allegedly Shut Down Xbox Live Forever on Christmas

Link: http://www.vgstations.com/en/news/item/2655-lizard-squad-will-allegedly-shut-down-xbox-live-forever-on-christmas.html

Lizard Squad Will Allegedly Shut Down Xbox Live Forever on Christmas

Written by TheArabGamer 07-12-2014 |

The notorious hacker group, Lizard Squad has not had its finish. Recently they have announced they will not only continue attacks on Xbox Live but will cripple it to the point that it will be unusable on Christmas day and possibly forever.

While it may not be forever, it's a safe bet that Lizard Squad will continue attacking Microsoft servers. Best thing to do is to remove any credit cards or vital information tied to your xbox live account right now.

Around the Network

Dunno about these guys, -_-

Is it even possible? xD

How evil!

Allegedly now Annonymous is going all out to stop Lizard Squad from shutting down XBL.

i hope your shut down forever. you will be, sooner or later.

Around the Network
UltimateUnknown said:
Allegedly now Annonymous is going all out to stop Lizard Squad from shutting down XBL.

This is becoming like a sitcom. lol! xD

"Play while you can"
Oh, these hackers act so cool, yet the only things they do is screw around with people for no good reason.

And I'll become the Queen of England.

I respect the North Korean hackers more than these guys. This Lizard Squad is just annoying.

Thanks jlmurph!

Using MS software and best practices, like we do within our own inhouse data centers, it would be pretty tough to get to credit card data from hacking servers connected to the internet. That data is never in one place because of such attacks and definitely not easily accessible. Either way, its not like MS servers are not attacked on a constant basis probably every minute on the hours.

Would be interesting is if they make this big bold claim only to come up short how will they deal with that situation. If on the other hand they are not script kiddies and actually have a smoking gun, it would be very interesting to see how MS handle the situation. Color me interested on a purely technical level but I feel nothing will come from this and the group will quietly fade away.