By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I will always own a PlayStation console, heres why..

CDiablo said:
dukerx2 said:
CDiablo said:
You arent a fanboy just a casual gamer.

Hows that?

You casually play/enjoy games but dont have the time/money to be multi console. Dont take offense Im not calling you the bad type of casual(candy crush, Angry Birds, ect). You sound like if you had more free time/money you would have more systems/games/ect. Fanboys dont want to live vicariously through other owners they would rather convince themselves that they think the games on other systems are terrible.

Ah ok, thanks for explaining that.

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:
dukerx2 said:

Money and time. It's just too expensive  to own all three and keep up with buying games. With being a family man with a meh paying job its too difficult to spend money on more than one. Even If I could afford it I just don't have the free time. I can't  even keep up with PlayStation games, let alone another. So I have to live vicariously through you Nintendo and Xbox owners. So in conclusion I consider myself a Sony fanboy. Not because  I hate the competition, but because Its not practical for me to expand outside the PlayStation ecosystem.

We know it's personal :)

I also only own a PS4 and can't spend too much money for my games, my wife would kill me.  I just bought The Evil Within, Far Cry 4 and COD : AW.  I would like to buy Dragon Age, GTAV Remestered and NBA 2K 15, but I can't. Maybe Dragon Age for Christmas.  Definitively I have to save money for the Order 1886 and Bloodborne, and some of the games I couldn't buy before. You are right, too many games.

It's our taste, and I consider Sony exclusive games the best, more variety and they appean more to me. So I only have PS4.

Exactly, you summed up my point nicely. And my girlfriend would kill me also, so don't worry you are not alone.

bananaking21 said:
because uncharted. thats why

Thats part of it also

vivster said:
You forgot to mention this

Thats so awesome, good for Shu.

Same reason why I game Xbox.

I picked up a PS3 a lot later than I thought I would (when Last of Us came out) and enjoyed it for about 6 or so months when there simple wasn't anything else to play on the 360.

I dont expect it to take 6 years for me to pick up a PS4 though, will probably get one in 2016/17. The backlog will be nowway near as big as the lack log I had to deal with on the PS3 though.

Around the Network

I'll always own one because I don't throw away my PS1 and 3 .

But no, as long as there's good games on the system and it's the go-to console for most content, and the gaming industry keeps going the way I want it to policy-wise, I'll likely also always own a PlayStation as well. I always go 'Nintendo +'. Nintendo because it has Zelda, and most other generations PlayStation because it has everything else. Or it's lately how bananaking put it; because it has Uncharted.

Xbox consoles only for me. I might get back with Nintendo, but I am done with PlayStation.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Seems like a fair enough reason. Just get the console which you like the most and the one your friends have.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I am the exact same way. I would love to own all platforms (Xbox, Nintendo, PC and Playstation) but like you I don't have the money or time to play on all of them so I just get one platform every generation and this gen is the PS4. I have been buying PS consoles since PS1 simply because I like thier exclusives (some of them) and the fact they own numerous studios so they always have new first party stuff being developed and of course strong third party and indie support, and they cater to my taste in games. If I want to play a Wii U I can play at my friends house and If I want to play on the Xbox One I can play one at my co-workers apt since I give him rides home and sometimes he invites me up for a couple of hours to game on the Xbox One. Both are great systmes with great games coming out next year(and great games now) but I prefer Playstation over them.

Time and money, same reasons for me to be a PC gamer only and not buying any other gaming platform. I could play on my smartphone too, but EA managed to piss me off enough to drop phone gaming altogether.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!