By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - North Korea threatens Sony Pictures Employees Families

BraveNewWorld said:
iTechHeads said:
North Korea needs to learn to take a fucking joke.
It's a movie. Fiction. Comedy.

Does anyone know if the US government can do anything to arrest the people responsible if they are in N. Korea or China?

We can do this.

lol

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
jlmurph2 said:
kowenicki said:
This hacking due to a movie is ridiculous. N Korea is clearly ridiculous period.

BUT.... making a movie about trying to assasinate a current leader is a bit disrespectful.

I'm not sure Sony would finance a comedy about an assassination of Obama or Abe.

Dont get me wrong I dont care what someone makes movies about, they are fiction, but I smell some double standards from the media.

I guess the film will likely be shit and forgettable so no harm done in the end.

Seth + Franco movies haven't been shit though. Pineapple Express, This is The End, both pretty good movies. They have a great buddy chemistry.

Pineapple Express was ok-ish, This Is The End has its moments but thats all.

It was ok-ishtotallyawesometown! Jonah Hill was fantastic in This is the End lol. It's not your cup of tea, but world leader assassination movies have been made for ages. N. Korea is taking this too far. I'd bet their "news" sources initmate far worse about other world leaders that would warrant a full-scale military assault, if we're scaling to their response to this film.

Ninsect said:
kowenicki said:
This hacking due to a movie is ridiculous. N Korea is clearly ridiculous period.

BUT.... making a movie about trying to assasinate a current leader is a bit disrespectful.

I'm not sure Sony would finance a comedy about an assassination of Obama or Abe.

Dont get me wrong I dont care what someone makes movies about, they are fiction, but I smell some double standards from the media.

I guess the film will likely be shit and forgettable so no harm done in the end.

Would you say Obama or Abe are comparable to Kim Jong-Un? There is a massive difference

It doesn't matter that North Korea is a backwards little country and all round terrible place. It's still a movie about assassinating a current leader. North Korea have a good reason to be offended and no movie should ever focus on killing a real person who is currently living, without there consent.

Barkley said:
Ninsect said:
kowenicki said:

Would you say Obama or Abe are comparable to Kim Jong-Un? There is a massive difference

It doesn't matter that North Korea is a backwards little country and all round terrible place. It's still a movie about assassinating a current leader. North Korea have a good reason to be offended and no movie should ever focus on killing a real person who is currently living, without there consent.

I respectfully disagree. Leaders like that deserve no respect

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:

I respectfully disagree. Leaders like that deserve no respect

There's a big difference between respecting someone, and not making a movie about killing them.

Around the Network

It's the same problem with radical Muslims, and I use the term "radical" loosely here. They deserve to be made fun of 24/7 but I still wouldn't do it. SONY shouldn't have greenlit this movie.

LurkerJ said:
It's the same problem with radical Muslims, and I use the term "radical" loosely here. They deserve to be made fun of 24/7 but I still wouldn't do it. SONY shouldn't have greenlit this movie.

Exactly serious situations like this shouldn't be made fun of. Comedy movies about suicide bombers are not ok, comedy movies about assassinating the leader of North Korea isn't ok. I'm not saying that he doesn't deserve to die, but don't make entertainment out of it. It's like making a comedy movie about the concentration camps. There are people living in North Korea that have to live under the rule of this monster and we're making movies like this, to laugh at.

It's a business decision, they know the movies going to make a good profit, non of this has to be personal.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0107144/

and bomb drops on leaders and making humor out of it has long been in hollywood, recent SNL skit with the president and its only a bill school house rock funny take on that.

in cmdys any thing is open to muse.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

I miss Kim Jong IL lol he could at least take a joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEaKX9YYHiQ

Edit: apparently he hated this lol well at least he didn't take any drastic measures.