By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Captain Toad metacritic user score ridiculously high

Smear-Gel said:
Samus Aran said:
Smear-Gel said:
Samus Aran said:
vivster said:
It's because the only people who care about the game are the biggest Nintendo fans. Guess what score the biggest Nintendo fans will give most Nintendo games.

Then all Nintendo games would score this high.

Hint: they don't. 

The remake of the most overrated game of all time only has a user score of 8.8. Can you guess which game? Of course you can. 

Hmmmm. Tetris?

Ocarina of Time. Which on every Zelda top ten gets number one. Even worse it gets number one all the time on best video game ever lists as well. 

It's a good game, but it's not even the best Zelda game. All future Zelda games have improved upon Ocarina of Time (haven't played MM though). In fact, Ocarina of Time isn't even the best Ocarina of Time! Twlight Princess is!  

I know that's what you'd say, I'm just messing with you.

Honestly, I dont think OoT is that overrated, and it's not even in my top 4 for Zelda games. 

That means you have a good opinion! :p 

Out of curiosity what is your top 3? (going off-topic in my own thread lol)

Around the Network
vivster said:
It's because the only people who care about the game are the biggest Nintendo fans. Guess what score the biggest Nintendo fans will give most Nintendo games.

This.

My 8th gen collection

Samus Aran said:
Smear-Gel said:
Samus Aran said:

Ocarina of Time. Which on every Zelda top ten gets number one. Even worse it gets number one all the time on best video game ever lists as well. 

It's a good game, but it's not even the best Zelda game. All future Zelda games have improved upon Ocarina of Time (haven't played MM though). In fact, Ocarina of Time isn't even the best Ocarina of Time! Twlight Princess is!  

Honestly, I dont think OoT is that overrated, and it's not even in my top 4 for Zelda games. 

3) Spirit Tracks

2) Minish Cap

1) Majora's Mask

(I havent played any console Zelda since MM due to not having the console)

Honestly, I can completely understand OoT being the best to many, even if it's not my favourite.

Smear-Gel said:
Samus Aran said:
Smear-Gel said:
Samus Aran said:

3) Spirit Tracks

2) Minish Cap

1) Majora's Mask

Honestly, I can completely understand OoT being the best to many, even if it's not my favourite.

Well, I'll give you a pass since you haven't played any console Zelda's since! 

My favorite is probably A Link between Worlds (if you have a 3ds or plan to own one, get this) or Twilight Princess.

Samus Aran said:
thepurplewalrus said:
Never trust user reviews on any website. Probably just fanboys who haven't actually played the game yet.

Or the 4 people who gave it a zero after reading this thread. I trust those less than a 10/10 for what seems like a fun game. ;)

True. Just look at the reviews for Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. There's a lot of 10's and 0's given the day it was released. 

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Smear-Gel said:

3) Spirit Tracks

2) Minish Cap

1) Majora's Mask

Well, I'll give you a pass since you haven't played any console Zelda's since! 

My favorite is probably A Link between Worlds (if you have a 3ds or plan to own one, get this) or Twilight Princess.

Ive heard people say that 2D Zeldas are usually more interesting than 3D Zeldas anyways. I will get ALBW whenever I can afford to buy a 3DS definitely. I try to play any Zelda game I get access to. I need to finish them all though, something always stops me near the end.

thepurplewalrus said:
Samus Aran said:
thepurplewalrus said:
Never trust user reviews on any website. Probably just fanboys who haven't actually played the game yet.

Or the 4 people who gave it a zero after reading this thread. I trust those less than a 10/10 for what seems like a fun game. ;)

True. Just look at the reviews for Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. There's a lot of 10's and 0's given the day it was released. 

10 = probably voting on party line
0 = hater

I don't think that makes the average user rating score very useful.

Anyway, there are about an even number of titles rated higher by users, than not.

SM3DW critic 93 user 9.0

Smash critic 92 9.0

Bayonetta critic 91 user 9.1 

MK8 critic 88 user 9.1

LOZ WW HD critic 90 user 8.9

Pikmin 3 critic 87 user 8.6

Donkey Kong critic 83 user 8.8

Toad critic 80 user 8.8

Wonderful 101 critic 78 user 8.5

Nintendo Land critic 77 user 7.8

Hyrule Warriors critic 75 user 8.3

My 8th gen collection

Samus Aran said:
vivster said:

The remake of the most overrated game of all time only has a user score of 8.8. Can you guess which game? Of course you can. 

Add a dash of salt and you get the final ingredient to the post you just made! Congratz!

OT it has 44 reviews...Oh and it's an 8.8 right now. It'll go down even more once more people review the game.

riderz13371 said:
Samus Aran said:
vivster said:

Add a dash of salt and you get the final ingredient to the post you just made! Congratz!

OT it has 44 reviews...Oh and it's an 8.8 right now. It'll go down even more once more people review the game.

Yes, most of these 0/10s came right after I made this thread though. ;) It would still be high if I hadn't pointed it out. 

Samus Aran said:
riderz13371 said:
Samus Aran said:

Yes, most of these 0/10s came right after I made this thread though. ;) It would still be high if I hadn't pointed it out. 

If you say so.