By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Video Game Awards Thread! The Show is Live! Come Chat!

Just got done watching it on YT, amazing event put together this year. Few live show hiccups but overall it was really enjoyable. And Zelda, mother fucking Zelda reveal O_O The whole time I was like focus on the TV, I need to see it properly.
Also No Mans Sky looks better and better each time I see it, music performances were all really good too.
Hope this is what Geoff puts together yearly from here on out.

Around the Network

Is it me or did Microsoft not even show up? I didn't see them or anyone from there studios there to even present an award. Bit weird considering Phil Spencer was on the advisors board for the event.

Maybe I missed someone.

Zelda U looks fucking awesome! I'm also glad to see that it's going to come out next year after all! Can't wait!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

HyrulianScrolls said:

Inquistion is certainly not a better game than Bayo 2 or Smash U. Those two are the absolute epitomes of their respective genre. It's hard to find a better action game or fighter than those respectively. Inquisiton is merely "good but nothing special" in its genre. But whatever, Nintendo just obviously isn't considered "cool" enough to win these awards which shows how much they're really not based on quality.

I believe they played safe, maybe because it is their first year with this show.
I mean Smash is not even there, despite being the best rated game of the year. But that is "acceptable" for the comunity because 1- Nintendo is not cool right now 2- Fighters never win GOTY anyway.

Than they had to pick the GOTY:
- Bayo 2 / Dark Souls 2 are niche
- Hearth Stone is too casual
- Shadow of mordor is new and from a smaller developer
And than the decision got easy. I still have to play DA:I to be honest and i am not saying it does not deserve, but from a political PoV, it was a safe choice.

Games i missed at GOTY nominees: Smash U, Far Cry 4, Divinity: Original Sin, Shovel knight, Transistor and Mario Kart 8. Any of those games would be a better nominee than Hearth Stone (and maybe Shadows of mordor), IMO.

Well done DA:I, well deserved. I love it so far.

Someone give me the basic list of games announced? If any,

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

So I am guessing many of the Nintendo fans who right off the bat criticized the awards show suddenly loved it? Nintendo cleaned up at that event, plus they had the big reveals as well.

Glad Dragon Age won GoTY, Destiny won online game of the year and Hearthstone on mobile took home the handheld/mobile award. Seems I was right when I used it's 93 Metascore.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Until Dawn

PLEASE GOD, PLEASE

"PERSONA 5" - the best RPG of all time on this conference! PLEAAAASSSSE

For those disappointed that Bayonetta 2 didn't get GOTY, don't worry. They will still get enough GOTY awards from other outlets to slap a "Winner of over 50 (or 100 or whatever) GOTY Awards" on the box. I mean, shoot, Naughty Dog did it with Last of Us so why not :P .

Ok, not knocking on Last of US, just finding it funny that there is no standard of quality with GOTY Awards with most devs. The "200 GOTY Awards" thing always makes me chuckle since, if you look it up, Last of Us didn't dominate the major outlets nearly as much as they want you to think and didn't even win at VGX (Grand Theft Auto V did).

Euphoria14 said:

So I am guessing many of the Nintendo fans who right off the bat criticized the awards show suddenly loved it? Nintendo cleaned up at that event, plus they had the big reveals as well.

Glad Dragon Age won GoTY, Destiny won online game of the year and Hearthstone on mobile took home the handheld/mobile award. Seems I was right when I used it's 93 Metascore.

Im fine with hearthstone winning goty

but doing it in reggies face XD

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3