By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Video Game Awards Thread! The Show is Live! Come Chat!

The show was good but the premiere were underwhelming. I am starting to get sick of indies, quite frankly.

The show was well made, i enjoyed that they brought actual gamers and people of the industry and not a bunch of payed actors who don't give two shits about the show. The musical performances were actually pretty cool. Dragon Age Inquisition winning game of the year was the icing on the cake.

8/10, mostly because the reveals were all indies and games already announced.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Kirin_gaming said:
What happened at the end , I missed it. :(

Dragon Age Inquisition got Game of the Year and Nintendo showed off The Legend of Zelda a bit. 

Also, pretty good show imo.  MUCH better than last year.  And I liked all the indipendent devs getting shown some love, and not just the artsy ones but all different kinds. 

Also Keither Sutherland is his name right? But anyway when he was on he was like "i'm going to go off script for a second and not look at telepromter while i tell you a story quick"

Then he told the story and he was done. he did nothing else. Did he lie and his story was on the telpromter or did he not do what he all planned or what was the deal?

Tamron said:
never watching a vga again, was as dull as last years and such a waste of time.

Same. Even though I only caught about an hour of the show.. that was enough for me. Not many of these "world premieres" are particularly new or interesting for me.

Edit: I think I said the same thing last year for VGX. I'd be sure to skip the next one though.

KIngs Quest looked good, I had to wait and start skimming though it.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
melbye said:

It was certainly Nintendo's year.  Half because they had a stacked line-up and half because it was the first year for the XO and PS4.  Regardless, they deserved to shine at the end of the year awards.

Thats no excuse^ :p

Nuvendil said:
Kirin_gaming said:
What happened at the end , I missed it. :(

Dragon Age Inquisition got Game of the Year and Nintendo showed off The Legend of Zelda a bit. 

Also, pretty good show imo.  MUCH better than last year.  And I liked all the indipendent devs getting shown some love, and not just the artsy ones but all different kinds. 

yeah, I did see that.I guess I didn't miss much then.

thx for answering though :)

BHR-3 said:

actually it was revealed earlier this year june i believe think it even releases b4 yrs end in japan only though

I know, but I'm pretty sure it was PS3 only and there was no word of a release outside of Japan.

What was that ps4 exclusive game called again? The one coming next summer and looks like heavy rain. Never heard of it until now and it looked amazing!

Ended up watching this thing despite myself (had to do something whilst watching the nephew). Was it a better show than last years? Well, at no point did I cringe hard enough to turn the TV off, though the constant advertising of whatever-Defenders really started getting on my nerves, and the various 'musical performances' (save the last three) had me hit the mute button.

None of the 'world premiers' were particularly shocking or exciting, and most of the trailers (and especially the teasers) were boring as hell. Bloodborne, Banner Saga 2, No Man's Sky, King's Quest, and surprisingly enough Until Dawn all piqued my interest, the latter looking like a really fun rental. If only the entire awards show had been as interesting as the Sierra Games bit. Feels like Geoff has ideas on how to make a proper awards ceremony that wouldn't bore a modern audience to tears - notice how most awards got relegated to an off-stage interview "Hey, by the way, you won an award, Instead of letting you give a thank you speech, I'm gonna ask you a single question and cut away" - but things didn't quite fall into place.