By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Video Game Awards Thread! The Show is Live! Come Chat!

That was better than I thought...

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:

Yea why can't us gamers have a better show? I do think E3 is the best of the best but the rest are all awkward, We need some people to change the format. Something new, rather then all these moments where you feel embassed for the person/people speaking. LOL

Yeah its a shame that there's no really great game event at the end of the year. All the good ones seem to take place over the summer (E3, Gamescom, GDC). I feel like a really good show at the end of the year would be great since its pretty much the halfway point till E3. Keeps everyone hyped and looking forward to see how the upcoming games improved once E3 comes around.

One thing worth pointing out is that this *was* something put together fairly quickly compared to other award shows and is the first. I think that's part of the reason that some of the premieres were off and such. As a first of its kind put together rather quickly, it's a good start. Hopefully next year, with devs expecting it, things will be better and bigger.

RavenXtra said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Yea why can't us gamers have a better show? I do think E3 is the best of the best but the rest are all awkward, We need some people to change the format. Something new, rather then all these moments where you feel embassed for the person/people speaking. LOL

Yeah its a shame that there's no really great game event at the end of the year. All the good ones seem to take place over the summer (E3, Gamescom, GDC). I feel like a really good show at the end of the year would be great since its pretty much the halfway point till E3. Keeps everyone hyped and looking forward to see how the upcoming games improved once E3 comes around.

*cough* PSX *cough*

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Areym said:
The show was good but the premiere were underwhelming. I am starting to get sick of indies, quite frankly.

Agreed.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:

*cough* PSX *cough*

I don't have a PS4... yet that is :P

It was pretty good IMO.

I'm surprised that ms didn't have anything to show at the awards. Seemed odd to me.

Inquistion is certainly not a better game than Bayo 2 or Smash U. Those two are the absolute epitomes of their respective genre. It's hard to find a better action game or fighter than those respectively. Inquisiton is merely "good but nothing special" in its genre. But whatever, Nintendo just obviously isn't considered "cool" enough to win these awards which shows how much they're really not based on quality.

HyrulianScrolls said:

Inquistion is certainly not a better game than Bayo 2 or Smash U. Those two are the absolute epitomes of their respective genre. It's hard to find a better action game or fighter than those respectively. Inquisiton is merely "good but nothing special" in its genre. But whatever, Nintendo just obviously isn't considered "cool" enough to win these awards which shows how much they're really not based on quality.

What games in DA:I's genre did you enjoy more?