Do you enjoy the series?

Yes 28 47.46%

No 1 1.69%

I'ts getting worse and worse 28 47.46%

It needs to die 2 3.39%

Total:59
Vikki said:
Oh my sweet summer child.

As a long time RE fan I can say that 5 and 6 are definitely worse for going all out action on us. I'm happy someone's enjoying them though. You should go back and play the old games, they're absolute classics and far better games. Especially 4, 2, and the gamecube Remake of the original.

Oxymoron.

Around the Network

Resi 5 & 6 are definitely good games, they just aren't really anything like the earlier games, hence the hate.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:
Resi 5 & 6 are definitely good games, they just aren't really anything like the earlier games, hence the hate.

Funny because 5 share more similarities to the old Resident Evil games than 4. :D

Wright said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Funny because 5 share more similarities to the old Resident Evil games than 4. :D

By earlier games I mean 1-3. I've never even played 4 so can't say much about that (other than I hate it for ruining the franchise by removing zombies).

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Poor child. You'll like Resident Evil 5 and 6 if you like action. My game was the best though.

My true form. You like it?

Around the Network

Really? Seriously, whoever told you that must love Action Horror. The originals are much better.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

KylieDog said:
Vikki said:
Oh my sweet summer child.

As a long time RE fan I can say that 5 and 6 are definitely worse for going all out action on us. I'm happy someone's enjoying them though. You should go back and play the old games, they're absolute classics and far better games. Especially 4, 2, and the gamecube Remake of the original.

Oxymoron.

RE4 was an action game, but it still had elements of survival and horror. It wasn't quite Call of Chris Redfield like RE5/6 were. RE5/6 had no elements of survival, and RE6 had no real elements of horror.

Let's not forget that RE3 wasn't exactly on the subtle side of horror, it's far more action orientated than RE1 and 2.

]

busbfran said:

I’ve just started with the resident evil series after the steam sale recently. I was told to start with revelations and so on to 5 and 6. Finished revelations and now I’m over half way through 5 on chapter 4-2. Although the cheesy characters like Keith, I still enjoyed the confusing story and somewhat B class script. I don’t understand all the hate this series has received I'm especially enjoying 5 more than revelations! Are people hating because it’s becoming more of an action instead of survival? The series has some excellent bosses! I’m also interested in buying Revelations 2 does anyone know where that sequel will fit into the existing story? 

Really glad you're enjoying RE5, its my fav and a great coop game as it made my gf love the game/series as well.  People are just hating it because of the change and I guess they've had bad experience with AI partner.  It's best to play with a friend if you know someone that also has the game.

RE5 is IMO the best co-op game there exists.

I could imagine it to be way worse in single player though.

Hiku said:
busbfran said:

Do you know where revelations 2 will fit into the story? 

It seems to be set in 2011. Not sure what that means in terms of RE timeline.

http://residentevil.wikia.com/Resident_Evil:_Revelations_2/plot

its in between 5 and 6 the first revelations was between 4 and 5

i started in the order they were released with the exception of revelations as i was not planing on playing it had the sequel not released for current gen so RE1 RE2 RE3 RECV RE0 RE4 RE5 RE6 RER

like 1 2 and CV the most, 4 was good to but this when it started to go to action, take place in environments i cant relate to and removed zombies with mutating enemies that have weapons

i thought 5 and 6 where ok games, 5 could of been better had SP been solo, revelations and some parts of 6 is the closest to the early titles so im looking forward to RER2

Play Me