By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Resident Evil Fan

Do you enjoy the series?

Yes 28 47.46%

No 1 1.69%

I'ts getting worse and worse 28 47.46%

It needs to die 2 3.39%

Total:59

I’ve just started with the resident evil series after the steam sale recently. I was told to start with revelations and so on to 5 and 6. Finished revelations and now I’m over half way through 5 on chapter 4-2. Although the cheesy characters like Keith, I still enjoyed the confusing story and somewhat B class script. I don’t understand all the hate this series has received I'm especially enjoying 5 more than revelations! Are people hating because it’s becoming more of an action instead of survival? The series has some excellent bosses! I’m also interested in buying Revelations 2 does anyone know where that sequel will fit into the existing story? 

Around the Network

Oh my sweet summer child.

As a long time RE fan I can say that 5 and 6 are definitely worse for going all out action on us. I'm happy someone's enjoying them though. You should go back and play the old games, they're absolute classics and far better games. Especially 4, 2, and the gamecube Remake of the original.

]

Who told you to start at Revelations and not at 4?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Yeah I hear not many people liked 6, but 5 was the most successful (sales wise for Capcom) I was thinking of buying 4 as I was told it acts as a prequel to Revelations. 

I've liked all Resident Evil games, excluding the FPS ones. (Though I loved the on-rail Umbrella games!) I'm glad you're enjoying the series :)

Around the Network

Get 4 before you play 6..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Wright said:

I've liked all Resident Evil games, excluding the FPS ones. (Though I loved the on-rail Umbrella games!) I'm glad you're enjoying the series :)

*glares at you from across the thread*

]

Resident Evil 5 was a great game. Play it with a friend and you'll have a blast. The series doesn't really fall of the wagon until RE6.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Vikki said:
Wright said:

*glares at you from across the thread*

What can I say...I absolutely loved 5 and enjoy playing 6 over and over.

I'm hyped for Revelations 2...does that makes you feel less uneasy?

Really why 4 before 6?