By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why would anyone call EA Access a scam?!?

The only way it would be a scam is if it was a required service to play EA games. It's Optional.

I would agree that it might not be for everyone and that Sony stand on it should be question, but why in the world would you call it a scam?

For only $4.99 a month (or $29.99 for a full year) ... 

1. 7.25 USD per hour (Jul 24, 2009)
    United States of America, Minimum wage
  2. $11.00 CND per Hour Canada Minimum wage average in 2014
You can't even claim it's not valuable.... if you pay and use the service at all you get hours of entertainment compare that to the minimum wage per hour in USA or Canada.

Heck the average DLC cost more then EA Access monthly fee now that I would argue that any DLC can be concidered a scam (Especially when the content is locked away or deliberately left of the retail copy before release to be sold has DLC).

Optional service that is cheaper then I used to pay blockbuster for a 2 days game rental in the 10-15 years ago. Much better value then the Playstation Now rental fees. 

Around the Network

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/252376/electronic-arts-more-games-coming-to-ea-access-soon/

Zackasaurus-rex (45 minutes ago)
It's sad that people would buy into a scam like this... I shudder at the day when subscriptions to Activision, EA, Ubisoft, Bethesda, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc. are expected of us at all times for publisher-owned arrangements. And it will be the EA Access kids who let it happen. :/

People that never tried it are the ones quick to dismiss it or devalue it.
"It ain't hard to tell"- Nas

The scam is that it's not on PS4.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Because it puts the idea out there to raise the price, change the service, scam people. It might be good now, but when every company is doing it, and they start to remove features and have demos that you can't play without the service. You'll understand.

Around the Network

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Top 10 Reason to hate EA access:

10. Your dad or mom worked at EA and family suffered in recent layoffs.
9. Your allowance is only $5/month.
8. Fan of the NFL 2K series.
7. Voted worst company on Forbes list.
6. You hate Peter Moore.
5. Cool thing to do.
4. Bashing is what you do best.
3. It's not on Nintendo.
2. PS4 fanboy bashing the service until it come to Sony.
1. It's EA.

Skeetys said:
Because it puts the idea out there to raise the price, change the service, scam people. It might be good now, but when every company is doing it, and they start to remove features and have demos that you can't play without the service. You'll understand.

That's called DLC's .... 

Streaming services such as Spotify and Netflix tend to de-value the products in favour of steady income stream. 

yvanjean said:
Skeetys said:

That's called DLC's .... 

Streaming services such as Spotify and Netflix tend to de-value the products in favour of steady income stream. 

Like Netflix competitors (They exist) that exist in the market, one could argue EA doesn't have enough content to really be worth it for the average person.

If you read the ToS you would notice you're giving up your soul to EA

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)