By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why would anyone call EA Access a scam?!?

If anything abuse the service. Try out the game on EA Access first NFL15, NHL15, Dragon Age Inquisiton, etc. If you don't like it save your money.

I know that I personally decided not to pick up Dragon Age Inquisition after the trying out the Trial.

On the other hand NFL 2015 was so good, I might still pick that one up if it cheap on boxing day.

Around the Network

If anything abuse the service. Try out the game on EA Access first NFL15, NHL15, Dragon Age Inquisiton, etc. If you don't like it save your money.

I know that I personally decided not to pick up Dragon Age Inquisition after trying out the Trial.

On the other hand NFL 2015 was so good, I might still pick that one up if it cheap on boxing day.

don't get it twisted. its always a good thing when you can pay less for more, the problem is when everyone starts asking you to do it. think about that a little

Intrinsic said:
don't get it twisted. its always a good thing when you can pay less for more, the problem is when everyone starts asking you to do it. think about that a little

Ubisoft charging me $4.99/month: Would the vault include all Assasin Creed and past Just dance games? 

Assassin Creed
Far Cry
Just Dance
Watch Dog 
Splinter Cell

I'd rather pay $5 and make my own opinion on Unity rather then listening to critic or having to shell out $60.

Activision:

Call of Duty
ANgry Birds
Transformer
Skylanders
Legend of Korra
Destiny
Amazing Spider-Man 2

Vault: Call of duty; Skylanders; aNgry Birds; Transformers: Cabela's

Take two: 

Bioshock
Borderland
Civilization 
Grand Theft Auto
2K Series

I would only sign up for EA, activision and Ubisoft...... Take Two I might do the monthly when a good game come up.

Edit: I forgot Warner bros. I would sign up for the yearly one.... LEgo series, Batman Arkham, Lord of the rings, Witcher series, F.E.A.R.

Edit 2: Capcom only monthly probably not worth a yearly fees....

Intrinsic said:

$5 a month to play a vault of games with no time limit?

You mean for a month I can pay $15 bucks to play Ubisoft's, EA's and Sega's games without a timer?

Around the Network
vivster said:
The scam is that it's not on PS4.

whats so scam about? do you want every company doing the same? Activision, 2k, take two, sega, capcom, blizzard, quare enix, ubisoft, rockstars ? Sony did right by banning this service, its better for the consumer and the industry. 

Ruler said:
vivster said:

whats so scam about? do you want every company doing the same? Activision, 2k, take two, sega, capcom, blizzard, quare enix, ubisoft, rockstars ? Sony did right by banning this service, its better for the consumer and the industry. 

Come on who'd be dumb enough to subscribe to Sega.

Why would you want a 5$/monthly service when you can pay $2.99/4 hours rental?

Ruler said:
vivster said:

Limiting choice is always the best practice for consumers. I don't know how to properly spend my money which is why I need another company to tell me where I should and shouldn't spend my money.

We should all be humbled by Sony. They think for us so that we don't have to.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Is EA Access on PC or just Xbox?

Wow... some people just can't see the big picture even if it slapped them in the face. Let me elaborate.

As a standalone entity, the concept of any kinda subscription service that gives you access to content for less than you would have had to pay for it individually is a great thing. But as I keep saying, the problem is when everyone does it. Please just follow me here and keep an open mind.

On one hand we have platform based subscription services. PS+/GWG. On the other we have publisher based subscription services. People are looking at what EA access is doing now and talking up how much value it has. But that right there is the hook. Once such a thing becomes mainstream, expect every publisher on the planet to be doing it. And those publishers that have too small a game portfolio to have a standalone service, will start partnering up with bigger publishers.

So at one point, and for EA to differentiate themselves from Ubisoft, EA will partner with Namco and Sega. And other publishers will make similar partnerships. And guess what, it won't be $5/month anymore when they know thats how the majority of gamers are getting their games. That price will start to go up. Next thing you are paying for 6 different services that cost $8/month. Next thing demos and early releases start to get locked behind the sub wall. Along with beta and all that good stuff.

Its common sense, whatever makes more money and is safer to do will get the most support from publishers.

Simple example. The only reason EA access exists, is cause PS+ and GWG has shown that gamers are willing to pay for stuff like that. The reason it exists independently, is cause EA stands to make more money from running their own subscription service than the peanuts they would make from PS+ when ever sony features one of their games on the IGC.

Why such services should be platform controlled, is that that way the overall cost is kept at a minimum. And to those saying you only sign up for the month they have a game you want? then be rest assured that they will all start handling it like PS+ where you only have access to your games when you have an active subscription. I could go on, but people really need to understand that their is nothing good about publisher based subscription services. Just look at it now and imagine how it wil be in another 10 years with how money hungry the publishers are teh gaming industry... I mean come on, we are talking about an industry where microtransaction in a title you paid $60 for is a thing.