By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Despite early Hate, do you now believe that Obama's Presidency has been a success?

Has he made a difference after the abyssmal Dark ages of the Bush years?

Yes 95 30.74%

No 66 21.36%

Sort of 32 10.36%

no difference 17 5.50%

Worse and we are on the brink 65 21.04%

China please take over! 4 1.29%

Dubai please buy us once ... 4 1.29%

other post below 0 0%

See results 21 6.80%

I am a poop head and refu... 5 1.62%

Total:309

Yes he has succeeded in being a puppet. He is just the PR spokesperson for the corporation "The United States". He is Bush's cousin and Republicans and Democrats are run by the same people.  Many of them do coke and get widly drunk together while posing as enemy party's on tv.  They are probably called parties because they like to party hard and write up business deals to screw the public out of every dollar. Simply put: Presidents are selected not elected, Obama is just a spokesperson for the real rulers of this country: Billionaires.  Life is all about money & power.  War is profitable for this 2 party dictatorship.   I do enjoy the freedom of speech and we all enjoy the freedom to consume.  But they are more like privillages than freedoms.  I am pro humanity over nation. Stop watching the corporate controlled news. Also this has nothing to do with Alex Jones, so don't start. = )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oBo8CJxatQ

Around the Network

Stick with games my friend.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Really Obama only had from 2008 - 2010 with a Democratic congress, all of this is where he achieved the most. After 2010 Republicans took over office and blocked everything. Congress really decides a presidents legacy.

spurgeonryan said:
Euphoria14 said:

Not sure what Obamacare does for everyone else, but all I know is that when I started at my job in 2008 I was paying $35/week for Family Medical coverage.

Now i'm paying $81/week.

What's crazy though is that plenty of people tell me: "That's actually a good rate these days".

hmmmm.I pay 34 dollars a month for excellent Walmart insurance.

Full family coverage for only $8.50/week? How is that even possible?

I know my coverage has never denied me anything, covers all my scripts and has covered multiple surgeries without issue. Also no referrals required.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

lolno

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Its horrible. Down right horrible. Has nothing to do with hate, just shitty ideas and narcisism

spurgeonryan said:

Troops out of Iraq, Troop deaths down compared to other years.

I believe the Defense spending is down.

Jobless rates are down.

Stock Market has hit record levels and if you bought SPider Index stock back when the Market was super low you could have a lot of money right now!

Economy is doing well thanks to his Stimulous Package.

Didn't we have some sort of old car turn in? Well that got rid of a lot of junkers and helped the environment.

Universal insurance! Despite what a lot of you rich users think, many did not have insurance and suffered for years. Thank Obama!

Our global image is on the mend because of him.

ISIS is on the run, and we have the leaders Wife and Child I am told.

Life seems better to me. I have a job and did not when Bitch Bush was President. So maybe I am biased?

Opinions?

No.....no. See, most of this would have happened no matter who the President was. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 had very little to do with any actual economic recovery. The market simply worked itself out of the recession. As for everything else, the national debt has increased by trillions, the dollar has further decreased in value, the Middle East is in worse shape than it was a decade ago, ISIS acually grew into a real organization under Obama's watch, the Patriot Act is still in effect, Obama was supportive of the NSA spying that Edward Snowden exposed. Also, our gloabal image may have improved but not by much, and the improvement comes mostly from the fact that Russia is making us look good, not because we're actually getting better.

Based on my personal experience, I don't think Obama was any better than Bush. Our politicins are more corrupt than ever and no single President is going to change that. Also, I actually had a job almost every year under the Bush Administration and didn't lose it until after Obama was elected. I'm not saying it was Obama's fault, but the fact remains that President alone has very little control over things like that. There's something else I noticed over the past decade. I made less at my fast food job I had in the 2000's, yet it seems like I was able to do a lot more with the money I had. This isn't just a feeling. I actually thought very hard about what I spent my money on back then vs. now and yeah. Money had more value back then. Not only that, but the overall cost of living has increased. So in some cases, things got worse over the last decade.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com