By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Despite early Hate, do you now believe that Obama's Presidency has been a success?

Has he made a difference after the abyssmal Dark ages of the Bush years?

Yes 95 30.74%

No 66 21.36%

Sort of 32 10.36%

no difference 17 5.50%

Worse and we are on the brink 65 21.04%

China please take over! 4 1.29%

Dubai please buy us once ... 4 1.29%

other post below 0 0%

See results 21 6.80%

I am a poop head and refu... 5 1.62%

Total:309

I have a feeling people had less to "hate" about him early on in his presidency than they do now.

Around the Network

I actually loved him early in his presidency (I voted for him the first time), but hate most of what he has done for the last 4 years. So I'm the exact opposite of your question.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Also, I lost my job during the Bush years. My wife lost her job during the Obama years. Theory: they both sucked. But not because of that.

I would say a big fat NO.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

the economy is faky fake... the oil boom created a lot of jobs purely on debt, those jobs will be ost in the next months.
obama care was a joke, mandatory privat healthcare doesnt work.
but i guess its something. better than bush, but thats not to hard

and no, we still thing you are a bunch of racist, gunloving, barbaric degenerates living in a hellish ayn rand distopy.
and you have to do alot to change that, you best start with voting for Elizabeth warren in the primarys...

Around the Network

He has indirectly killed people by messing with peoples health insurance.

Worst president ever in my eyes.

spurgeonryan said:

I hated him so much in his first term after I voted for him that I voted for someone else. But he was elected again anyways.

I may have not really payed attention in his first term, but his approval rating has been slipping more in his second term and all his proposed issues have arisen recently as well.

spurgeonryan said:
generic-user-1 said:

the economy is faky fake... the oil boom created a lot of jobs purely on debt, those jobs will be ost in the next months.
obama care was a joke, mandatory privat healthcare doesnt work.
but i guess its something. better than bush, but thats not to hard

and no, we still thing you are a bunch of racist, gunloving, barbaric degenerates living in a hellish ayn rand distopy.
and you have to do alot to change that, you best start with voting for Elizabeth warren in the primarys...

I am happy that gas prices have been below 3 dollars for over a month now. I can live with it where it is at right now, despite being dollars more than it was 5-10 years ago.

till they have to save the banks again with taxpayer money because one of the most important and most indebt parts of the economy killed the other most important, most indebt sectors...

spurgeonryan said:

Troops out of Iraq, Troop deaths down compared to other years.

I believe the Defense spending is down.

Jobless rates are down.

Stock Market has hit record levels and if you bought SPider Index stock back when the Market was super low you could have a lot of money right now!

Economy is doing well thanks to his Stimulous Package.

Didn't we have some sort of old car turn in? Well that got rid of a lot of junkers and helped the environment.

Universal insurance! Despite what a lot of you rich users think, many did not have insurance and suffered for years. Thank Obama!

Our global image is on the mend because of him.

ISIS is on the run, and we have the leaders Wife and Child I am told.

Life seems better to me. I have a job and did not when Bitch Bush was President. So maybe I am biased?

Opinions?

I'll go in order:

Troops are out of Iraq.  But it's become a huge mess there (ISIS).  Also, WAY more people died in Afgahnastan during Obama than during Bush.

Defense spending is only down because Republicans in the House wouldn't let him continue to spend too much more. 

Jobless rates are down, though many believe it is because people quit looking for work.

Stock Market is up, though many believe it is being propped up by the Fed.  I admit I don't know much about that, so I can't really say.  I do own stock though and am happy it is up.

I loved the car turn in program.  (I've heard it failed financially, but I still liked it).

I'm not sure the Economy is doing well.  Better, though.

Insurance...I don't know where to begin.  Something had(has) to be done.  I don't think this plan really helped though.

Our image is better.  He gets a thumbs up from me for that.

ISIS wouldn't exist if we didn't leave Iraq.  (Though I'm glad we did).

I dont like him very much. I liked him fine at first, voted for him the first time. Probably the happiest I have ever been about a president getting elected. I loved his message and his potential, but I hate most of what he has done. Obamacare is probably one of the worst legislative efforts in my lifetime, it has stunted the recovery way more than people realize. He is a below average/mediocre president.

Still, he is probably better then the alternatives....