By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo HDS 2016 or 2017?

Nintendo HDS When?

2016 102 30.72%

2017 230 69.28%

Total:332

What's the point of having a poll if you're only going to include two options? I don't think it will be either of those. MAYBE 2017, but I'd put money against 2016.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Around the Network

2018, you all just don't get what the N3DS is yet. It's not the DSi equivalent, it's the GBC equivalent. Expect a fair amount of exclusives for it. Xenoblade will be just the beginning. It'll have Pokemon Gen VII on it, just you watch.

HylianSwordsman said:
2018, you all just don't get what the N3DS is yet. It's not the DSi equivalent, it's the GBC equivalent. Expect a fair amount of exclusives for it. Xenoblade will be just the beginning. It'll have Pokemon Gen VII on it, just you watch.

I should I thought of that...too late to add options too poll.

Given that N3DS is launching next year, I'd say late 2017/ early 2018.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

2017, new 3DS will take off next year and sell loads, HDS will be announced E3 2016 then released with a bunch of cool games in 2017.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

Holiday 2016, next home console 2017.

Sales are already down a lot since last year, and unless I'm missing something software next year isn't all that great.

It will be revealed at E3 2016 and launched that same year, at least in Japan.

I also think that the Fusion part is about a common software platform between platforms, a same iOS and development tools.

And lastly, it won't be called HDS because the "DS" name has been overused but mostly because I think that it won't have 2 screens.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Announced Jan/Feb 2016 in a Nintendo Direct with a worldwide June 2016 release.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Late 2017

2017, which will also be the same year that the successor to the Wii U will release. HDS may well be the name, unless Fusion is a thing and they decide to go with a name that better emphasises the link with their home console successor. It will not have 3D, but it will be backwards compatible with 3DS games (but not DS, because apparently backwards compatibility is only ever a 1 generation deal!)