By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo HDS 2016 or 2017?

Nintendo HDS When?

2016 102 30.72%

2017 230 69.28%

Total:332

2016 and it's called Fusion.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Seece said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Given that N3DS is launching next year, I'd say late 2017/ early 2018.

Why do you assume that will give the boost needed? It won't. 3DS is well past its peak years and is only going to further decline.

3DS successor will launch early 16 - late 16.

If they leave it till 2017 ... their handheld part of the business will look incredibly week.

3DS will be lucky to pass 6m in 2016, given it's barely gonna do 10m this year.

I dont think anybody is saying otherwise (n3ds giving a boost) and we know its past its peak already^

Depending on how much it does this year and the line up for next year+Launch in the West, 2015 can match or maybe possibly be slightly up.

If N3DS can keep the 3DS afloat, i do not see why the new HH has to come out soon. That said, 2016 is the earliest. But i think 2017 is a possibility.

tbone51 said:
Seece said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Why do you assume that will give the boost needed? It won't. 3DS is well past its peak years and is only going to further decline.

If they leave it till 2017 ... their handheld part of the business will look incredibly week.

I dont think anybody is saying otherwise (n3ds giving a boost) and we know its past its peak already^

Depending on how much it does this year and the line up for next year+Launch in the West, 2015 can match or maybe possibly be slightly up.

If N3DS can keep the 3DS afloat, i do not see why the new HH has to come out soon. That said, 2016 is the earliest. But i think 2017 is a possibility.

Nah, no way is the general consumer going to care if it even becomes common knowledge.

Doesn't seem to be doing great for Japan and they're the most receptive to this sort of thing.

#inb4fusioncommentfromaparticularsomeone

I'd say holiday 2016 or first half of 2017

Seece said:
tbone51 said:
Seece said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Nah, no way is the general consumer going to care if it even becomes common knowledge.

Doesn't seem to be doing great for Japan and they're the most receptive to this sort of thing.

In all do respect, 3DS was heavily down this entire year from End of Jan-mid Oct. N3DS is selling about on par with 2013 3rd quarter which had Brand New MH+Pokemon with Remakes/Upgrades. 

Now N3DS isnt exploding with huge results, but its still doing extremely well looking back at any week this year. There's also the fact that YW2.5 releases next week and there is yet to be anything worth owning a n3ds for. (for the time being).

3DS was going to sell about 1.9mil-2.1mil if N3DS didn't release. With N3DS it'll hit close to 3mil, maybe alot more. (its at 2.48mil now)

Edit: It'll do over 3mil, it needs to avg just 126k a week for this month

Around the Network

holiday 2016 for Japan.

Seece said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

I was waiting for your comment!
3DS will be lucky to pass 6m in 2016? (extremely low,i feel that you want 3ds to end up with under 70m,sorry but 3ds will sell at least 80m)l!Currently 3ds in japan sells what it was selling in 2013 thanks to new3ds(also new3ds/xl is on the same pace with dsi),the same could happen in USA/EU!Just wait for 2015...!And for god sake read  iwata's interviews,i think nintendo's president knows better...Ah i will repeat something because i saw another comment of you!New3ds/xl is on the same pace with dsi,where did you see that it is doing bad...?Media create predicts 1.2m new 3ds/xl by the end of the year...

2016 would be a terrible move.

tak13 said:
Seece said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

I was waiting for your comment!
3DS will be lucky to pass 6m in 2016? (extremely low,i feel that you want 3ds to end up with under 70m,sorry but 3ds will sell at least 80m)l!Currently 3ds in japan sells what it was selling in 2013 thanks to new3ds(also new3ds/xl is on the same pace with dsi),the same could happen in USA/EU!Just wait for 2015...!And for god sake read  iwata's interviews,i think nintendo's president knows better...Ah i will repeat something because i saw another comment of you!New3ds/xl is on the same pace with dsi,where did you see that it is doing bad...?Media create predicts 1.2m new 3ds/xl by the end of the year...

It's not about what I want, it's about what I think, and judging by how it's performed yoy since its inception, 6m is completely realistic for 2016. Nothing suggests it will sell better than that.

Why don't you look at their shipments (which translate to sales before you say anything ...)

Shipped nearly 13m last year, will ship around 8 - 10m this year. Yet you think 6m for 2016 is odd? I don't think so. Nintendo systems of late have not had good sustained legs.

I don't care what Iwata thinks, they thought WiiU would be a successful system and it's sold 10m over 2 years and 3 holidays, so why act like he's infalible?

Edit - to further prove your point wrong, the MIGHTY DS did 6m in its 7th year. 2016 will be 3DS's 6th year. 3DS doesn't and hasn't and will not sell anywhere near DS sales alligned at any point.

I love that name. HDS.