By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN gives Brawl 9.5/10! Woot!

Am I the only one who thinks Ganondorf like WW Link WAAYYYY too much? That picture is so disturbing for so many reasons I can't begin to describe it. Does implied child molestation bump a game up to AO?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
Smidlee said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Just to respond to the large group of dumb bastards who "agree with the graphics score."

You guys are obviously Wii-hating fanboys.

I'm a wii owner (as well as PS3) and clearly have shown this graphic score is consistent with even IGN PS3 VF5 graphic score. If Wii is "this" generation console then it should be reviewed and treated as if it's "this" generation console in all areas.

so should FPS games get deducted points in gameplay on 360 and ps3 because you can point and shoot like you can with the wii remote?

No? Could that possibly be because PS3 and 360 are incapable of producing that kind of control?

Seriously.. this "graphics should be marked on a multiplatform basis" is so stupid because wii is incapable of doing so, just like ps3 and 360 games can't use pointer functionality, it is a fault of the console, not of the games

Kinda suprised about graphics score, i mean shouldn't at least get a 9. It's really similar in quality to MP3 and SMG.

@Zen:

You can't just ignore a games flaws just because of the system it's on. Again, the PSP is a perfect example. Should a game like Ratchet PSP score 9's in controls and camera because it's a good PSP game? Even the PSP's best games have blatant flaws in both the camera and controls. Do we ignore these flaws because of the PSP's lack of second analog stick? As a reviewer, you can not do that. You have to point out those flaws and take away points because of them.

Gaming is an art that continues to evolve, and new standards are established. Look at Resident 4. That games has raised the bar for the way Resident Evil games control. If Resident Evil 5's controls are inferior, it should most definitely be scored as such. I don't care that game is on the PS3. It still better control every bit as good if it's wants an equal score in that area.

If Resident Evil 5's controls are as clunky, inaccurate, and out-dated as the PS2 and Gamecube versions, the game does not deserve a score equal to the Wii versions. That would not be fair to what the Wii brings to the table, and it's a derogatory gesture towards the innovation the franchise has established.

How can you ignore obvious flaws, then give it's controls an equal score to the Wii's because it's on the PS3? I don't believe games should be reviewed that way.

Understand what I'm saying?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

ZenfoldorVGI said:
@naznatips

I understand, and not to lessen this scolding in any way, but I just wanted to say, your the Commish to my Batman.

@Riot

Comeon man, don't sell me lies. You can't seriously believe that graphics should be compared between consoles when handing out reviews.

If they were, then no Wii game's graphics should ever rate above a 6, no PSP games graphics should rate above a 3, DS a 2.

Even if you wanted this chaos, you can't have it both ways. You can't have a FPS on the 360 rate above a 8 in controls after the mouse and keyboard were introduced, or after Metroid Prime 3.

Your not seriously thinking this through, if that is what you believe.

Graphics, controls, ect, they must be relative to the other titles on the hardware they are produced for. Ports and multiplats are exceptions on occasion, but they also prove the rule, that you can't say that Ninjabread Mans graphics are better than God of War PSP's graphics.

It's the flaw in your logic that gets me, and what I believe is that you KNOW about this flaw, but are trying to work around it in your arguments.

Dunno why, but I believe its because you don't think a Wii game should get as high of a graphical score as a PS3 game. It makes sense at first glance, but when your reviewing a game on the Wii, you can't bring console wars into it, that's just not how reviews are meant to work.

Give the hardware a bad review, give the games developed for it a fair shake, or your not doing your job, that's how I feel about it.

Sorry for calling you a dumb bastard, btw. I get carried away.

Actually, Mr. Hates Sony Consoles despite owning a PS3, some PSP gams such as GoW:CoO and FFVII: CC look better than a lot of Wii games so far. I agree that graphics scores, for those peope that give them, should be relative to each system. Stop attacking the PS3 to make your point. If you can't find a quality game on the system: sell it.

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
@Zen:

You can't just ignore a games flaws just because of the system it's on. Again, the PSP is a perfect example. Should a game like Ratchet PSP score 9's in controls and camera because it's a good PSP game? Even the PSP's best games have blatant flaws in both the camera and controls. Do we ignore these flaws because of the PSP's lack of second analog stick? As a reviewer, you can not do that. You have to point out those flaws and take away points because of them.

Gaming is an art that continues to evolve, and new standards are established. Look at Resident 4. That games has raised the bar for the way Resident Evil games control. If Resident Evil 5's controls are inferior, it should most definitely be scored as such. I don't care that game is on the PS3. It still better control every bit as good if it's wants an equal score in that area.

If Resident Evil 5's controls are as clunky, inaccurate, and out-dated as the PS2 and Gamecube versions, the game does not deserve a score equal to the Wii versions. That would not be fair to what the Wii brings to the table, and it's a derogatory gesture towards the innovation the franchise has established.

How can you ignore obvious flaws, then give it's controls an equal score to the Wii's because it's on the PS3? I don't believe games should be reviewed that way.

Where are the obvious flaws in Brawl's graphics, in relation to other games like Mario Galaxy and MP3, which scored higher?  The main problem here is they rated Brawl's graphics lower than Mario and Metroid, and most people here agree that was unfair.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
@Zen:

Where are the obvious flaws in Brawl's graphics, in relation to other games like Mario Galaxy and MP3, which scored higher?  The main problem here is they rated Brawl's graphics lower than Mario and Metroid, and most people here agree that was unfair.

Perhaps looking back, they overrated the graphics for the previous games, or they just liked them more. And, it may have only been 1 reviewer's opinion on each game. What the hell difference does it make? They talk about how they look at overall review scores to help determine what score a game gets, but they do not do that with other scores. I never even look at individual scores. Until a hug game library is built, the best game to compare to is the previous game in the series, which you have tried to do. But perhaps the individual reviewers of each game you are comparing to just disagree. I surely don't see how MP3 received a high graphics score compared to Galaxy and now Brawl, but I'm guessing others disagree.

@Ben:

That's a tough question for me to answer. You need to play the game on a TV if you want to fairly judge the graphics. I don't want to base my opinion of Brawl's graphics on youtube videos. You and I both know that's not the right way to judge a games graphics.

If I were to base things on screen shots and videos, I would say the games graphics are better than MP3's but worse than Galaxy's. It's an invalid opinion, though, as I've only seen the game being played on the internet.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Am I the only one apalled by all this nonsense about visuals and little review score arguing? ...who cares just have fun.

I think the game looks great and don't care to put a number on it or whatever and don't care what score some site or show or magazine or whatever gave it,all I care about is snagging my reserved copy on sunday and having a blast. 

Oh my! Just .5 to get a perfect 10. Looks like the 480p graphics ruined it.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558