By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN gives Brawl 9.5/10! Woot!

^props

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Graphics do not equal pixel-counting!

Pixels can greatly improve not only graphics but the whole viewing area of a game. I'm sure most here would agree any game with very detail 3D models like Brawl would benefit from HD as no doubt in a few years from now this game will be in HD. Even a simple game like Super Stardust HD looks good running 1080 even on a SD TV since down scaling (opposide effect of upscaling) is one way to make jagged edges less noticeable.

If Brawl ran in 720p then I have no doubt many wii fans here would be rubbing it in to ps3/360 fans epecially to those  liked Cod4 and Halo 3.

Meh, didn't read all these posts about graphics, but to stay on-topic, 9.5's better than I expected from IGN, and a fantastic score! :) I just wish Nintendo would give us a fricking European release date already! >:O

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
Meh, didn't read all these posts about graphics, but to stay on-topic, 9.5's better than I expected from IGN, and a fantastic score! :) I just wish Nintendo would give us a fricking European release date already! >:O

It would probably be better to buy a Wii FreeLoader when it comes out, since it will come out earlier and according to the site is "Unblockable"

So....IGN gave Melee a 9.6 and Brawl a 9.5 . I dont see how this is justified. Brawl really is everything Melee was and more.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

very respectable score...ssb games have always been great

Yes, but Melee was everything SSB64 was and more...ratings between generations past is a complicated thing, and one should just play the damn game and enjoy it...a 9.5 puts it among the best of this generation anyway.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )