By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rating your systems for 2014

Wii U: A-, as there was a lot of good exclusives, though I was a little disappointed with Hyrule Warriors
3DS: C, as I only got one game for it, but that game was Smash Bros.
PS3: C-, as the only new game I got for it was Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
PS4: B-, as I only got 3 games for it this year (Watch_Dogs, Infamous and MGS V: GZ), but they were fun. I am getting about 4 games for Christmas, but I can't really factor those into my score yet.
Vita: D+, as I got very few new games, all of which would have been from PS Plus, and barely played
360: C+, as I only got Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for it, which I really liked
PC: C+, as the only new games I can remember buying are Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead Season 2, Octodad and Goat Simulator, and while WAU was fantastic, WD: S2 was a disappointment, Octodad was good but really short and I haven't played much of GS

Probably the worst year in gaming for me that I can think of. Very few truly stand-out releases.

Around the Network

3DS - B (mostly because is a Zelda machine)
Wii U - F (I'll wait for christmas presents to see if I can update to even a C )

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

3DS: C+
Haven't gotten any games since last Christmas, but there's still a lot to play, so I had some fun with it.

Wii U: D
Haven't really gotten any games since Christmas other than Assassin's Creed 4. I played that and some Super Mario 3D World, neither of which came out this year, but I'll still be generous and bump the grade up from an F. Still mostly just my Pikmin 3/Netflix machine. Not into any of the stuff coming out.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Wii U: B Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros were good but nothing mind blowing. Bayonetta 2 was very sweet. I was disappointed in how few games that I was interested in came out this year.

PS3: D Didn't buy a single game this year and probably spent a total of 8 hours playing GTA5. Got to try the Destiny beta as well which was pretty fun.

3DS: C I probably got spoiled by how amazing last year was but this year was pretty damn disappointing to me. Smash was good. Fantasy Life was a pleasant suprise. Kirby was decent. But overall very disappointed this year.

PC: B+ Added a couple dozen new games to my collection a lot of which I was pleasantly suprised but I couldn't give it an A after my most hyped for game, Civilization Beyond Earth, ended up being disappointing. Could change to an A once I have the time to play through some of the games I bought these past few days.

(Note: I didn't get many games in 2013, therefore, some of the games I bought this year came out last year)

Wii U: Most played system. Got many, many games this year alone (and still need to get Smash). It had some masterpieces like Shovel Knight, 3D World and Rayman Legends, but it also had a very underwhelming MK game. My VC is quite big right now, and this is without GBA, N64 or (hopefully) GC games. It was a great year, but it could be better. Grade: B-

3DS: Pokemon X happened. Grade: A++++++

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Can't really rate the systems based on games since it's not the system's fault if games are released that fit my taste.
So far i haven't been unhappy with any of my systems.

My PS3 had a brief happy moment in February for LR:FFXIII. Then it was turned off for the rest of the year until my Vita TV caused it to being unplugged from my TV completely. My fat Lady has served me well for over 6 years and it deserves its final rest. It's still slow as fuck, so I'm not really looking back to it.

I don't know if I touched my Vita much this year. I've probably spent more time in the PSN shop to buy free PS+ Vita games than actually playing with it^^ It has done its service well, which is once and for all proving to me that I'm not a handheld guy. Also that it's not made for my hands.

My Vita TV was kind of fun so far. Could try all those free PS+ games for Vita I couldn't play on that tiny screen. Don't know how much I will use it in the future if at all. BTW PS4 streaming is absolutely useless with it^^

My Wii U was a lot of fun so far. Well that's the reason i bought it. Most Nintendo games are fun. My doctor said the eye cancer is going to be permanent but treatable. It fulfilled its purpose by allowing me to visit the hostage held games in their cell.

PS4 only had minimal use this year. Infamous was probably the most fun I had with it. It would've seen lots more action but I'm still waiting for Ubi to fix the broken piece of shit that is ACU.

My PC even though it's getting older was my most important and most fun platform this year. Had loads of fun replaying Borderlands 2 and Skyrim. Lots of fun with FC4 and Borderlands the pre Sequel. Currently having fun with DAI and Tales of the Borderlands. I would've gotten ACU for PC as well but Nvidia hasn't released the graphics card yet I need to play it.
PC will get a massive update next year to prepare it for even more fun next year(i.e. buying a completely new rig).

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Can't really rate the systems based on games since it's not the system's fault if games are released that fit my taste.

I meant this as a subjective review based on your tastes.

For example, I gave the Vita my highest grade because it caters to me.

Vita - B+
WiiU - B+
PS4 - B-
360 - C-

Augen said:
vivster said:

I meant this as a subjective review based on your tastes.

For example, I gave the Vita my highest grade because it caters to me.

But does the Vita really cater to you? Or is it the games that do?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

PS3: B+ , A few really good games to cap off my third favorite console of all time. Dark Souls II, Tales of Zillia 2, Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

PS4: B , First year, not a whole lot of games this year that suit my tastes, but I'm certain the future is bright. Destiny (most fun I have had on a FPS in a long time), FFXIV (yes I prefer to play this on the console), Watch Dogs

PSVita: C , Best handheld hardware ever, mediocre software titles, even less than stellar year. Freedom Wars, Tales of Hearts R (NOV release, but it will be good), Minecraft (what can I say, I love minecraft and this is the best portable version that exists).

X360: N/A , did not play it.

Wii: N/A , did not play it.

Mobile: N/A , HAHA Phones, do you even lift?

Honorable mentions

PC: A (Because I tend to play games that have been released previous years for many years, I spend the most hours playing PC games), As always the widest variety so it usually has the most to offer that suits my taste. Minecraft, EverQuest, Skyrim, Factorio, Diablo III, League of Legends, SWTOR, etc.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.