By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One is making a comeback homies!

In terms of perception yeah its made a huge comeback and it is certainly put up great numbers in its first year. As for marketshare and taking lead world wide, no, and very doubtfully to ever happen. As long as it continues to be successful though, then no worries

Around the Network

A comeback in the way they are not completely crushed in their 2 major markets.
Also, lets keep in mind that this is happening because of severe price cuts and bundles. Microsoft is losing alot of money on this and its not sustainable. How will sales look in January after the price cut goes away? Everyone waiting for a price drop already got one. I wouldnt be surprised if the Wii U outsold it weekly again.

GribbleGrunger said:

Exactly what do you mean by making a comeback? If you mean losing by less then I agree, but it's still falling further behind every week. It fell behind by another quarter of a million last week ... This is why I'm confused.

Negative comments after another from you. Too many people don't want to see any bright side for the xbox one.

If x1 is selling well enough. that's all that matters. Obviously it is not selling as well as ps4.

Praise the One.

*Sound Of Rain said:

As many of you know by now, reports are coming in that the XBox had great sales this Black Friday. Not only were they selling out all over in the U.S but sales in the U.K have doubled!!!

XBox is making a comeback and will take the lead in the U.S & possibly U.K homies!

Agree homies?

Here is the problem.

a. we don't know how this compares to the PS4. While these XB1 sales are good in there own right. this assertion "will take the lead in the U.S & possibly U.K homies" is a comparison to PS4. One that cannot be made with the right figures.

b. no idea how the future will play out, but we do know that we are in a holiday season right now, and combined with a price cut there is no way one can reasonably expect this momentum to hold after December, much less November. That and we don't know how the PS4 is doing.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

just like ps3 did in US right?

wait for next year

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network

It is nice. It's nice to see people look past the ps4 hype and start investing in the better console. Also, starting in the new year the monthly updates will continue and the experience will get even better. Thank you Microsoft.

Aura7541 said:
For a moment there, I thought Toastboy got resurrected

However, I would like to see how well the X1 sells without the need of the holiday season.

lol me too

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

CGI-Quality said:
SweetTalia said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Exactly what do you mean by making a comeback? If you mean losing by less then I agree, but it's still falling further behind every week. It fell behind by another quarter of a million last week ... This is why I'm confused.

Negative comments after another from you. Too many people don't want to see any bright side for the xbox one.

If x1 is selling well enough. that's all that matters. Obviously it is not selling as well as ps4.

In fairness, the OP asks for opinions. He gave his.

That is true but it does not affect the fact that too many people are so pessimistic about the x1. :-p

Praise the One.

SweetTalia said:
GribbleGrunger said:

This is unbelievable. Have you got some sort of filter that filers out the hundreds and hundreds of negative posts from the usual suspects and focuses entirely on my meagre contributions to this forum? I'd say they out 'negative' me by 1000/1, so I'm interested to know why you are singling me out for that accusation.

The PS5 Exists. 

Nem said:

A comeback in the way they are not completely crushed in their 2 major markets.
Also, lets keep in mind that this is happening because of severe price cuts and bundles. Microsoft is losing alot of money on this and its not sustainable. How will sales look in January after the price cut goes away? Everyone waiting for a price drop already got one. I wouldnt be surprised if the Wii U outsold it weekly again.

If the price goes up to $400 for the basic edition without game, X1 sales will slow down considerably, but I think 3rd party + networking effects should already be enough to keep it above the WiiU ww in regular weeks