By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I can´t see the content in threads

As I was remebered to the issue through this thread I looked at the Opera-site and tried version 9.50Beta. And it works! At least here at my Linux box. Give it a try.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

I'm, having exactly the same problem. Some profile, game pages, and chartz also fail to load.

Mnementh said:
As I was remebered to the issue through this thread I looked at the Opera-site and tried version 9.50Beta. And it works! At least here at my Linux box. Give it a try.

I did give it a try. Right before or right after posting originally, but on my linux machine, it still has the problem, but if yours is working and mine isn't, perhaps we could pinpoint a difference and narrow down where the issue is?

I'm not very experienced with linux things yet and I'm also not a programmer, but I opened Opera through Terminal to see if any errors pop up, and I got this when a page not working on vgchartz came up,

(operapluginwrapper:16626): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_destroy: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
The program 'operapluginwrapper' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 38855 error_code 3 request_code 2 minor_code 0)
  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
   that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
   To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
   option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
opera: Plug-in 16626 is not responding. It will be closed.
opera: Define environment variable OPERA_KEEP_BLOCKED_PLUGIN to keep blocked plug-ins.

I dunno yet if this is just a problem with my machine though or even related. I'll try to look into it some more later.