By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending 29 November 2014

tak13 said:
tak13 said:
fluky-nintendy said:
Pokemon flopping with already 2 released games in front of it. SSB.U did virtually next to nothing just like I predicted, not looking good for Nintendo in the UK.

Try harder...!Pokemon OR/AS debuted in the same places like x and y,also the remakes had better sales by 17% regarding x/y?Did you read it?Vgc has x/y first week in uk at 158k and multiplying this by 17% gives us 185k...!

I m wondering how flucky feels after the news with the comment he made!

I feel indifferent but thanks for asking about my feels. It's holidays, of course it will have a better FW than Y/X, but it's just smoke. It won't have even half of the legs of the antessessor.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network

If Smash is 10k lower than Brawl's UK debut, I wouldn't call that a flop. Black Friday week is hardly a typical week at UK retail. It's obvious titles that would otherwise chart fairly highly (OR/AS charting 3 or 4 places lower than X/Y's debut despite 15-20% higher unit sales) have been impacted by Black Friday. I think Black Friday is a far bigger reason behind Smash being 13th than stock shortages, the solus edition of Smash is readily available.

More concerning about Nintendo's strategy in the UK/Europe was the complete absence of bundling or discounting this week. There were some great Wii U basic bundles recently and coming in the near future (Basic plus Captain Toad plus 4 games for £220ish on Zavvi in January), surely a Wii U basic/Smash day one bundle at an aggressive Black Friday price couldn't have gone amiss? Sure, I get they need profit, hence no price cut, but temporary, one day discounts could have shifted quite a few units, got Smash into more homes and got more people buying amiibos and Wii U software in the next few weeks.

tak13 said:
Player2 said:
tak13 said:

Poorly?...Use another word,it s uk.!Also it had stock shortages or no stock in the whole Europe and especially in the UK but i don't care is a decent perfomance for wii u in the UK,it could be the half like 3d world...

It is near 43k i think.

Smash did poorly. Even Bayonetta 2 sneaked in the top 10 in its first week.

So what?it was 7th with 10k,smash is 13th with 43k...!

Beating the first week of a Platinumgames' game 4:1 with the boost of one of the biggest weeks of the year is something a multi-million selling franchise shouldn't be proud of.

Kresnik said:
tak13 said:

Also it had stock shortages or no stock in the whole Europe and especially in the UK 

There has been plenty of stock.  I've been in GAME, Grainger, Tesco & ASDA over the weekend and every store had plenty of copies.

News say the opposite!However,i don't care for this,I didn't use it as an excuse!I don't try to justify something that satisfies me!

From the Charts and the Tweet, I think it's pretty obvious that X360 won the week in the UK.

Around the Network
tak13 said:
anamme said:
Poor Smash Bros and LBP3...both seem to have got lost in the crush!

Do not compare them!360k vs 1.5m userbase...!So smash isn't great but not bad given wii u situtation in the UK...

I know, it's just painful to see them both not start too well. Hopefully they both have legs carrying them well after the holiday season!

Okay since he says Xbox by that he means Xbox One and 360(obviously ) but then he doesn't say Playstation didn't win, he says PS4 didn't, any slight chance PS3 is the winner here? Or dare I say it...Vita :0

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
Okay since he says Xbox by that he means Xbox One and 360(obviously ) but then he doesn't say Playstation didn't win, he says PS4 didn't, any slight chance PS3 is the winner here? Or dare I say it...Vita :0

lol we were just going to believe you too!.. .until we saw Vita :-p

Praise the One.

I dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thinng for smash, but its one of nintendos trump card, and from my perspective it doesnt look effective.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Blood_Tears said:
From the Charts and the Tweet, I think it's pretty obvious that X360 won the week in the UK.

no. he already confirmed, that xb1 and ps4 were the best selling consoles the last week