By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending 29 November 2014

Player2 said:
tak13 said:
Kresnik said:
tak13 said:

Lol?Why lol?You are happy with this..?:O

Happy with a healthy week at UK retail?  Yes, I am.

Happy with Smash doing poorly?  I'm indifferent really.  Holidays will help it.

Poorly?...Use another word,it s uk.!Also it had stock shortages or no stock in the whole Europe and especially in the UK but i don't care is a decent perfomance for wii u in the UK,it could be the half like 3d world...

It is near 43k i think.

Smash did poorly. Even Bayonetta 2 sneaked in the top 10 in its first week.

In a much less competive week? Is context even a word at VG charts?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
bananaking21 said:
and then people here claim they dont care about console wars as "long as their cosnole is selling well", looking at the past few UK weekly threads and how it was filled with immature bullshit and how some members are acting its pretty clear thats not the case. stay classy VGC community, or at least claiming that you are.

I agree that "domination" things was ridiculous, I wouldnt go as far as you though. 

it was. but the behavior of many others isnt much better either. 

kowenicki said:
Ninsect said:

Oh so you base that on lollipops or rainbows? Aren't you always saying that real data is important? You can't say XB1 has won the past 5 weeks without including a bit of magic in there because no data thus far supports that.

Stardust and angelwings.... which is a lot more than you can find to support your thesis.  Hey, its only a few weeks in the businest time of the year... no biggie. 

anyhow... off to listen to that classic Smiths track to try and make sense of all of this.

Problem is that the burden of proof is on you, since you are claiming something that there is no obvious data in the open for. Don't ask me to disprove God.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

teigaga said:
S.Peelman said:
So the UK does Black Friday now.
Wow, what did Nintendo ever do to them?

At least they seem to like Pokémon.

Haha, I love how people always act like the UK is anti-Nintendo. Nintendo produce like one system seller every 6months, the Wii U's sales are right where the should be lol

P.S; we lap up Nintendo hardware when they're actually worth the asking price ;)

Are we talking August to December Nintendo here? Because the turnaround is a bit apparent.

kowenicki said:

You think the ps4 won by the margin VGC has it at?  it beat the ONE by 15% or over 8k consoles?

It was overtracked.  It was a tie at best for the PS4 last week, and it lost the previous 3 or 4 weeks.  I think you need to accept that as fact.

It's a tie last week when they're close and PS4 likely just ahead but when it's the same this week with X1 slightly ahead it's an Xbox win. That's some impartial logic right there! 

Delighted with these numbers myself. PS4 going to have a crazy week WW and likewise the X1. Sony doing so well it has to be said. They come so far since the PS3 era in the US and Uk. Gratz x 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Ninsect said:

Problem is that the burden of proof is on you, since you are claiming something that there is no obvious data in the open for. Don't ask me to disprove God.

MCV.  It'll do for me.  Says it clearly.  What you got? 

Haha no they don't. Oh wow I never expected this from you, kowen. But now I am out since this clearly gets us nowhere.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

kowenicki said:

Xbox won this week and likely last week... what are you talking about?

The last 5 weeks its an xbox win.  Its not a big deal really... just a fact people seem to be incapabale of accepting.

If it's true I can accept it but it doesn't change the fact both weeks are a virtual tie. I can also accept the fact PS4 winning by a good margin in the US and UK and dominating in most other countries. 

Ninsect said:
kowenicki said:
Ninsect said:

MCV.  It'll do for me.  Says it clearly.  What you got? 

Haha no they don't. Oh wow I never expected this from you, kowen. But now I am out since this clearly gets us nowhere.

he takes such pride in arguing that the console is say 390k behind instead of 400k behind. Not sure of the actual gap but it's the same idea. And this in a country the 360 dominated. How the mighty have fallen. 

Smear-Gel said:
teigaga said:Haha, I love how people always act like the UK is anti-Nintendo. Nintendo produce like one system seller every 6months, the Wii U's sales are right where the should be lol

P.S; we lap up Nintendo hardware when they're actually worth the asking price ;)

Are we talking August to December Nintendo here? Because the turnaround is a bit apparent.

You mean they've been releasing games more frequently since august? If so I'd agree but hyrule warriors and Bayonetta aren't really system sellers and merely managing like 8 actual retail releases over the period of 10 months is not good by any standard. If you look at the systems that are selling, they had the same amount of quality releases in the last month or 2 as the Wii U had throughout the entirety of 2014.

kowenicki said:
Kerotan said:
kowenicki said:

You think the ps4 won by the margin VGC has it at?  it beat the ONE by 15% or over 8k consoles?

It was overtracked.  It was a tie at best for the PS4 last week, and it lost the previous 3 or 4 weeks.  I think you need to accept that as fact.

It's a tie last week when they're close and PS4 likely just ahead but when it's the same this week with X1 slightly ahead it's an Xbox win. That's some impartial logic right there! 

Delighted with these numbers myself. PS4 going to have a crazy week WW and likewise the X1. Sony doing so well it has to be said. They come so far since the PS3 era in the US and Uk. Gratz x 

Xbox won this week and likely last week... what are you talking about?

The last 5 weeks its an xbox win.  Its not a big deal really... just a fact people seem to be incapabale of accepting.

XB1 won last week but just barely. That's not a big deal.