By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U is completely sold out online at Walmart

Zekkyou said:
SanAndreasX said:

Good news related to Nintendo never comes without some kind of "but", didn't you know? :)

Except it's a perfectly reasonable conclusion. The PS4 and X1 have been in high demand for weeks, so naturally retailers will have been buying a lot of them ready for BF. The WiiU on the other hand has been doing pretty poorly all year in the US (with exception to major release weeks). It going out of stock due to low supply is an awful lot more likely than the PS4 and X1.

Not saying it is due to low supply, but the WiiU's situation isn't at all comparable to the PS4 and X1's. The same standards don't apply.

I think most people already know not to compare them, but it does seem to be the case that anything that might be good news for Nintendo is turned somehow negative.

Like if a game sells well on a Nintendo system, someone would come in and say "it would have sold better on ________" or "it sold better on _________" or if the 3DS has a good week, someone comes in and says "it's bad compared to the DS" or something.

People here tend to be a lot more critical when it comes to Nintendo related news, and at the same time we have also those who are very defensive.  

Around the Network

I posted a forum about Wii u's selling 4 per second on eBay @ $260. 4k sold out in 17 minutes. 4 times the speed of the iPad air 2 which was on offer at the same time a 100 off. It's popularity is rising. The news, of course, isn't covering it. Coup d'nintendo. I'm quite surprised by it all. Pleasently so. 

Hoping for it to hit 5m sold in 2014 by the end

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

hated_individual said:
Nice... Could Wii U rise like DS when games started coming?

you cant be serious?

prinz_valium said:
500k November NPD confirmed

Meh... i will be happy even with 400,000. :D

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
hated_individual said:

you cant be serious?

well, Wii U can have the same boost (%) Ds had.But the same numbers lifetime? Only in some weird alternative universe

Click HERE and be happy 

Oh snap, WiiU confirmed winning November NPD?

EricFabian said:
bananaking21 said:
hated_individual said:

you cant be serious?

well, Wii U can have the same boost (%) Ds had.But the same numbers lifetime? Only in some weird alternative universe

150,000,000 Wii U liftime is quite possible.

I hope the Wii U makes it close or to 10M end of 2014

drake_tolu said:
EricFabian said:
bananaking21 said:
hated_individual said:

you cant be serious?

150,000,000 Wii U liftime is quite possible.

actualy in the same weird alternative universe, Wii U already sold half of that. In USA alone

Click HERE and be happy