By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Exec: Xbox One Sales Were Incredible During Black Friday, Possibly Takes A Shot At PS4

Rumours of 15 million and 8 million LTDs aye? So that's what vgc numbers are called now.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
endimion said:
I love how people try to downplay it with WW result and make like MS is a show off... You want one number that should put things straight and prove that their is only one show off company here that should serious reconsider their business practice in general instead of playing the big dogs which they are not with their admittedly big gaming division...
394B vs 25B

http://ycharts.com/companies/MSFT/market_cap
http://ycharts.com/companies/SNE/market_cap

No matter how they try to flip it with one or two division... Sony is a slum dog in comparison to MS and there miger success in the gaming industry is certainly nothing to show off about even if they'd do 10 times better than MS in that market...

Lol, way to go off-topic. Don't you find it amazing that despite Sony being a "slum dog" they manage to dominate the gaming industry 3 times, something that MS has been unable to do in 3 generations despite all their money?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

endimion said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Only thing I take from this is that the Xbox Undershipped. Could you imagine if they didnt?

how could they have undershipped??? Not a week ago everybody was dead convinced that they overshipped and several millions of consoles were stuffed in the retail channels collecting dust on shelves

people can't have it both ways from one week to the next... You can't have millions of console disappear so either XBO is severely undertracked on VGC and I mean millions undertracked and then they might have undershipped... Or they just died extremely well and sold above expectation...

It surely cannot be everyone, as I still say they undershipped.  Whenever you sell out you undershipped, period.  Not sure how that can be argued against. 

It could very well be they undershipped in the US and overshipped in Europe.

Ssenkahdavic said:
endimion said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Only thing I take from this is that the Xbox Undershipped. Could you imagine if they didnt?

how could they have undershipped??? Not a week ago everybody was dead convinced that they overshipped and several millions of consoles were stuffed in the retail channels collecting dust on shelves

people can't have it both ways from one week to the next... You can't have millions of console disappear so either XBO is severely undertracked on VGC and I mean millions undertracked and then they might have undershipped... Or they just died extremely well and sold above expectation...

It surely cannot be everyone, as I still say they undershipped.  Whenever you sell out you undershipped, period.  Not sure how that can be argued against. 

It could very well be they undershipped in the US and overshipped in Europe.

It could be that they just undershipped to Target with the AC bundle, or limited it to ensure they had the best chance to win NPD but not cause massive losses.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Good ol' kow gloating (pretending not to) or it didn't happen!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
endimion said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

No matter what MS says or does, on this forum they will always be the liars and bad business men, even though sony just got fined AGAIN for having shills hype their products. When MS did that marketing campaign with machinima the internet blew up; but when sony gets fined for actual shady business practicies nobody takes notice.

MoHasanie said:

Black Friday has come and gone. We hope that you were able to pick up your favorite consoles and games at a pretty cheap rate. This year’s Holiday is pretty important for Microsoft and Xbox One. The console is currently lagging in sales compared to the PlayStation 4, with rumors stating that the PS4 has already sold 15 million consoles compared to 8 million Xbox Ones out there.

Having said that, according to Aaron Greenberg, who looks after the marketing of first and third party games studios at Microsoft, the Xbox One had an incredible Black Friday. “Sales were incredible, grateful for all the support and new fans,” he tweeted. It will be interesting to see what kind of figures Xbox One did during the sale. Hopefully the next NPD sales figures will give us a broader picture.

Furthermore, Greenberg also revealed that the Xbox One was a total sellout in one of the Target stores in California. In the same tweet he shared an interesting picture which shows a pallet full of PlayStation 4s. (I see what you did there, Aaron!) Unfortunately this made a few fans a bit unhappy.

sold out here in California, "whole pallet sold out" per employee here.

http://gamingbolt.com/microsoft-exec-xbox-one-sales-were-incredible-during-black-friday-possibly-takes-a-shot-at-ps4#zUsqu8Krcgo84wQJ.99

its good for competition that the xbox did well, but 1 target being sold out of x1s isnt representative of all stores, by that logic bestbuy sold out of ps4s as mine had none by noon on friday. i just see the reason to take a pic and make a remark on social media.

justgames7604 said:
Why is everyone so mad in this thread? doesn't sony take jabs at MS all the time. Comes across like you're all threatened and wounded.

Lol yeah its pretty wierd to see. 

This mean... Nothing. Every console manufacturer finds their Black Friday sales "incredible." And the picture is pointless.

justgames7604 said:
Why is everyone so mad in this thread? doesn't sony take jabs at MS all the time. Comes across like you're all threatened and wounded.

It's one thing to be IN THE LEAD, blowing the other team out and then bragging about it. I've always said, if you're going to talk, make sure you can back it up. Microsoft is SO far behind right now that they're nearly getting doubled over world wide. Hell, they aren't even winning the US yet. That's why it's so ridiculous imo. It's like someone celebrating a goal in soccer while being down 10-3. lol