By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So is this going to be Vita's last holiday?

Vita's last holiday?

Yes, Sony won't take it anymore 67 28.63%

No, but next year it will... 21 8.97%

No Sony will push the poo... 97 41.45%

No it will last as long as the 3DS 48 20.51%

Total:233

Hopefully not, even though sales are really poor it's a nice little device and if it doesn't lose them any money then I don't see the harm of keeping it floating around.

Around the Network

They'll keep it around for some time and eventually mention it at E3.
But no more big advertisement, I think Sony understood that their handheld consoles are not accepted by the wide audience in the West anymore.
I still hope that some publisher will bring over some good Japan exclusives.

If retailers have anything to say about it -- yes.

Most retailers are basically clearing out their Vita sections. Sony can say whatever the hell they want, it doesn't make a difference if stores won't stock it. I doubt many retailers will order more of them either.

From what I can tell the Playstation TV is a mega-bomb too, no one is buying the thing. 

It will probably be discontinued in the west at the end of next year. In japan it will probablybbe on shelves for another year.

Keeping it afloat will be hard. The thing is practically already a submarine. If Sony would get their heads out of their arses and make some damm games for the thing...

Around the Network

People in this thread that Vita is selling worst in America and about equally in Europe as the WII. Yes, the dead wii. If that's not a dead system, then I don't know what is. As a Vita owner, I hope they keep the system alive for as long as possible. But from a business standpoint, people saying that Vita is generating profits for Sony in the West are kidding themselves.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Based on the amount of triple a games, they released this year. I think it is pretty safe to say the Vita is done. You will get plenty of Indies and a low budget JRPG here and there , do not expect anything else.

Soundwave said:

Most retailers are basically clearing out their Vita sections. Sony can say whatever the hell they want, it doesn't make a difference if stores won't stock it. I doubt many retailers will order more of them either.

I'm guessing you mean in the USA.

Plenty of UK retailers cleared out their inventory of Vita games some time last year, but they're still carrying the console today.  In fact, the Tesco by me started stocking Vita games again recently (FIFA 15; God of War; Borderlands; Tearaway).

In the US it should be discontinued. There's just no market for it. They should announce it early next year and have retailers do fire sales to clear out hardware and software.

PS3 should be dead by next holiday too. They should start significantly reducing the amount of shelf space last-gen consoles get.

Soundwave said:

From what I can tell the Playstation TV is a mega-bomb too, no one is buying the thing. 

I think Sony will make a big push for PS TV as an alternative to Roku/Apple/Fire TV once they get Playstation Vue out there.

If you think about it they could even update the PSTV model each year to keep interest high.