By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Japan boss resigns amid dismal Xbox One sales

I don't get with this cowardly act, i love everything about Japan, food, culture, some habit, woman, anime, games, music, but only one thing i hate "harakiri and sepuku". Dead or retirement wont fix everything, it's remind me how the last Samurai Movie deliver the moral how bad to blame your self and just retire without doing anything. It's better to die trying rather then die without trying.

Around the Network

Nintendo and Sony are not doing great either, not like what Japan use to be.

Kerotan said:

they actually made a film about it once. It's called The Raid. 

I saw that for the first time last weekend, awesome flick!

I'm surprised no one mentioned the non-fact that, "Well... Japan is just not important anymore! *Harumph*"

This is more of a pity party... poor guy.

you cant really blame him the x1 had and has no japanese games, The original xbox had sega the 360 last odessy, last remnant and blue dragon. The x1 has only D2

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
XanderXT said:
NiKKoM said:
vivster said:
Is he resigning because he think it's his fault or because he just can't take it anymore?

I think he personally delivers all sold Ones to the customer... 776 is a lot for just 1 guy

Not really. All Japanese Xbox One owners probably all live in a block in Tokyo, so he just has to knock on every door!

they actually made a film about it once. It's called The Raid. 

Which "The Raid "are u talking about, what i know there is only one movie called "The Raid " which is made by my people /Indonesian people and it's famous on US and Europe, and not made by Japanese , or maybe you mention about another movie?

Ruler said:
you cant really blame him the x1 had and has no japanese games, The original xbox had sega the 360 last odessy, last remnant and blue dragon. The x1 has only D2

And, yet; the 360 only has around 1.6 million sales lifetime in Japan. The whole xbox concept and product line quite simply doesn't work in Japan, I would have thought that MS had taken note of that at this point. MS should focus on US and UK and get as much as possible out of their best markets, paired with a slight push into Europe. Japan is a waste of time for all three with their home consoles, but doubly so for Microsoft.

Poor guy. Never stood a chance.

Scapegoat! They had to have known what the end result would be. Japan only likes Ninty and mobile. Even Sony is struggling there.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Just wondering why MS launched XOne in Japan.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.