By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can PS4 'Win Over' the Japanese Market?

alrightiwill said:
tiffac said:
Its plausible but seeing this is Japan, its probably going to be a slow crawl since its become a handheld centric country.

Btw, how much does the Wii U lead the PS4 right now?

Japan Sales:
Wii U 1.98 million

PS4     0.80 million

These are pretty accurate due to Japans tracking sites. http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/Hardware/JP/

Thanks a bunch! :)

Around the Network
LordLichtenstein said:

You can't deny that Final Fantasy XV will be a huge deal :) Personally, I believe it will move 1 million PS4s.

The console market over there is dead as it can be. It's the best shot they have at rejuvinating the console market there, definitely, but a console game in Japan "selling well" is entirely different, and significantly smaller thing than if it were to happen in the west. I believe it will sell a million copies there, but I'm definitely don't think that that game is enough to, by itself, push 1 million unique PS4s in Japan. The west is where consoles thrive.

I think everyone is wronh saying japan gamers became handheld centric.

Nop, whats thé différence between PS2 ans PS3 ?( since PS3 is your only way to know home console are dying in japan)

PS2 had a lot of exclusive big systèm sellers, PS3 hadnt even half of that ( dragon quest, kingdom heart, persona, an epic FF, good Japan studio support,... ) and PS4 will have every of those things , so its a new hope

So no, japanese dont prefer handheld, they go where thé big games are, so they juste need a good motivation to go back to home consoles.

It seems PS4 will have much more motivating exclusives than PS3

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

tiffac said:

NP :) Took me forever to learn the tools on this site :p

alrightiwill said:
tiffac said:

NP :) Took me forever to learn the tools on this site :p

I still get lost when I use the tools and have no idea what I'm doing most of the time hahaha xD

Around the Network

Sales will definitely improve next year, with more support and exclusives, if it will pass the PS3 so far is unknown but it's not out of the question yet.

Yeah of course, when it gets some big Japanese games. It will probably sell much less than the PS3 in Japan though,

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Enough for what? It's already set in stone that it will be yet again the most popular home console in Japan.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

PS4 sales in Japan will improve over time, but the Japanese market has made it clear they are more into handhelds than home consoles

Aerys said:

I think everyone is wronh saying japan gamers became handheld centric.

Nop, whats thé différence between PS2 ans PS3 ?( since PS3 is your only way to know home console are dying in japan)

PS2 had a lot of exclusive big systèm sellers, PS3 hadnt even half of that ( dragon quest, kingdom heart, persona, an epic FF, good Japan studio support,... ) and PS4 will have every of those things , so its a new hope

So no, japanese dont prefer handheld, they go where thé big games are, so they juste need a good motivation to go back to home consoles.

It seems PS4 will have much more motivating exclusives than PS3

So you think ps4 get all those games, will equal PS2?

Also OP. My answer is define win, because winning could mean beat Wii U, but to me that isn't winning. I personally think no it won't win over. Also the current sales aren't good, don't know why people say they are. People need to acccept the Japanese Market isn't healthy anymore for Consoles.