By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto V (PS4/Xbone) is most over rated GOTY

GTA V on PS4 and Xbox One is...

A new game and totally origional 44 14.01%

A remastered game 159 50.64%

The same game from last year 110 35.03%

Total:313
TheGoldenBoy said:

I personally skipped out on the The Last of Us and GTA V because I knew they were going to get ported to current gen. Also, If you don't like it, don't buy it. No one forced ~3 million people to buy GTA on current gen consoles so I don't know why you'd have a problem with it.

This is what I did too, with Dark souls 2 as well. I honestly assumed most games from last year would make their way to PS4One. And I expect there's more to come

Around the Network
Blob said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

I personally skipped out on the The Last of Us and GTA V because I knew they were going to get ported to current gen. Also, If you don't like it, don't buy it. No one forced ~3 million people to buy GTA on current gen consoles so I don't know why you'd have a problem with it.

This is what I did too, with Dark souls 2 as well. I honestly assumed most games from last year would make their way to PS4One. And I expect there's more to come

Exactly. Beyond: Two Souls  will probably also come to PS4.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Blob said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Exactly. Beyond: Two Souls  will probably also come to PS4.

That was actually the game I had in mind lol. Better not be full price though...

I never had the chance to play The Last of Us or GTAV, never had a PS3 and never will. I'll get a PS4 and it's nice to have the chance to play them in full HD glory.

bananaking21 said:
the same people who have bought zelda:oot on 3ds, or wind waker on WiiU. or Halo:MCC on xb1, or GoW: Collection on PS3.

why are you so judgmental of other people, thats the real question? do you envy them in some way?

however, they waited 11 years to make Wind Waker remake. They waited 13 years to make a Zelda: Ocarina of Time remake. With GTA V its only 1 year old. The others are old and most of them need updates. Idk I'm aware they added some stuff in the remastered GTA V and the graphics are better but its only been 1 year

Around the Network

No one is claiming it is the GoTY, it's just a really cool remaster with a whole new dimension added to it with first-person mode.

Honestly, how much of the game have you even played?

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Yeah, the fact the series does this well makes me weep for humanity.

Classic Nintendo fan response.

But on a more serious note: 1st person mode is a pretty big addition for a GTA game. And who says you're paying $60 for the same experience? What if you haven't played the first one?

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

GTA5 in general is one of the most overrated games of all time in my humble opinion, right up there with GTA4.

Actually...I loved GTA V. It's an excellent game and I can assure you, there's worse out there which got the GOTY award.

Will most likely re-buy it too. Because I can assure you, playing through it again last Christmas was one of my best gaming memories.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.