By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto V (PS4/Xbone) is most over rated GOTY

GTA V on PS4 and Xbox One is...

A new game and totally origional 44 14.01%

A remastered game 159 50.64%

The same game from last year 110 35.03%

Total:313

I can assure you GTA 5 is an excellent remastered, everything looks so much better. The difference is much more noticeable than the last of us remastered and that's without mentioning the FPS addition, I'm really impressed. That being said, let people decide on what they really want to spend their money on.

Around the Network

Wait, first-person mode doesn't change the gameplay? You serious? Not only does it change the gameplay (it becomes an FPS....), it also changes the experience, it's something entirely different to experience something through your "own" eyes, than from a 3rd person perspective. Also your message to consumers, that they should stop buing these games, let them buy whatever they want, if they want to get some late last-gen ports in the first year and a half of the new console, then let them. It's not like it's a new practise anyway.

1. Some people didn't own 7th gen HD consoles and couldn't play it.
2. Some people who did own 7th gen HD consoles didn't buy this game.
3. Some people with 7th gen HD consoles did buy this game but 1st person mode and better graphics are a good enough incentive to buy it again if you're a fan
4. If you don't want it don't buy it
5. Stop complaining about those who do.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Wow, somebody seems bitter. I personally didn't buy GTAV because I don't own a PS3 and I lost interest in my 360 years ago. Why wouldn't I wait and simply buy a current gen version?

I had the game on PS3 and completed it... I purchased it on day 1 for PS4... and have played about 20 mins of it so far.... so there you go...hah.

Also it's awesome ;)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

I bought GTA 5 on the disc at midnight from Gamestop. Then a few months later I bought it on PSN to have it on my HDD. Now I've downloaded it on PS4. Do you hate me?

What can I say, it's a really fun game and half my friends are playing it everyday. It's fun to play with my friends online in a game I like. First person mode is very good and in the next GTA it will be perfected.

The graphics are a lot better and Los Santos looks and feels great but if you play Far Cry 4 on PS4 they actually seem kinda average for next gen. That's a good thing because imagine the quality of the next GTA that's only on PS4 and X1 or the next Far Cry that's only PS4/X1/PC!

Good times ahead.

PS. Do you complain about people buying Pokemin over and over? I don't notice any diff between each "new" game. All looks like copy and paste to me.

I know a lot of people expected a port and did not buy it for PS4/X1. Throw in rebuys and you have a hit.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Well I purchased it again... The differences are significant and noticeable enough to justify it.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

I knew it was going to be for PS4, so I just skipped the PS3 version and got PS4. In TLOU, I sold my PS3 game and bought the remastered, I wanted it for the collection, If one of the best games of 2000 where Half Life 2 and Bioshock, then The last of US is one of the best after 2010. It gets narrative to the next level. GTAV is in some way in another level too, Managing 3 different characters in such a big populated world and with so much to do.

I wasn't aware that GTA had won the GOTY award. Good on Rockstar.