By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto V (PS4/Xbone) is most over rated GOTY

GTA V on PS4 and Xbox One is...

A new game and totally origional 44 14.01%

A remastered game 159 50.64%

The same game from last year 110 35.03%

Total:313

I agree but i can't blame them. Some people skipped the original & waited for the port.

Around the Network

I skipped GTA5 on the PS360 cause i felt it was so close to the launch of the PS4X1 that there was no way a remake/GOTYE wouldn't be made. Same way I skipped Tomb Raider, Dark souls 2 and TLoU. My gamble paid off in spades and I got(or will get) to play the best versions of those games.

On another note, I have no qualms with them remastering games that are under or around a year old. Its pretty much like re-releasing GOTY versions of games.

That aside, whats your problem? Would you have felt better if they just made it exactly like it was on the PS360 and said "hey now you can play it on the PS4X1"? If you have the original, and don't want the remaster... then don't buy it.

I skipped GTA5 on the PS3 because I knew there would be a PS4 version out. I ended up just borrowing my brother's PS3 version and playing it there. Its a fantastic game but I don't think I'll get it for the PS4 just yet. I'm not going to blame people who do though. Like I said, really enjoyable!

It is completely difference experience from PS360 version.

Based the fact that he has "4" friends who bought it, so that must mean everyone else also did.

Yes this thread totally makes sense /s

Around the Network

It's commen sense though. Seriously, that's all the proof I can give, I'll be honest with you. But, I mean, you probably can agree with me.

Meh. It's their money, they should be able to use it how they wish.

I had not played it yet, waited for an improved next gen version. Same with Tombraider. I couldn't wait with Dark Souls 2 though, but I traded it back in right after completing it expecting an improved version with DLC for ps4 down the line. Traded The last of us in for the upgraded version with DLC, was worth it.

I've also bought the Journey physical collection even though I already had all the games digitally. Some games deserve to be bought twice.

Doctorslim said:
OttoniBastos said:
To be fair there were people who skipped games like the last of us and GTA in order to jump on next gen....

Besides people just want an excuse to jump on next gen even if it is a HD port.(just look at PS4 sales)

Nailed it. I waited for GTA 5, The Last of Us, and now Dark Souls 2 :) Why buy something early when a new and improved version will come out a year later? It should be common knowledge that many studios do this considering the transition into Gen 7 from Gen 6

See, that easy. I'm waiting for Dark Souls 2 since they downgraded graphical so bad. Not just those games btw, from year late 2011 through 2013 were quite low res.

The bigger question is why is the remaster 30 frames per second?