By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto V (PS4/Xbone) is most over rated GOTY

GTA V on PS4 and Xbox One is...

A new game and totally origional 44 14.01%

A remastered game 159 50.64%

The same game from last year 110 35.03%

Total:313

had it about a week for my ps4 kinda knew last year that this would get re released and skipped it on last gen HW wish i would of done the same for tlou

im about half way through havent touched MP, but this has nothing on gta VC and SA dont know if its me just getting older and losing interest in gaming or the actual game but its missing quite a few things from SA and VC that made them masterpieces

its better than GTA4 for sure but for the next gta game they really got to address the laggy controls and aiming that are found in both among the other things that have been missing since gta SA

its my goty by default as ive not played many games this year as there werent many that interested me i would rate it a high 8 to low 9 out of 10

Play Me

Around the Network

It's not really Game of the Year until we find an outlet dumb enough to give Game of the Year to a remaster.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I can understand a re-release of TLoU because 60fps makes a huge difference for that game. As far as GTAV, it was released so close to the PS4/XB1 initial release that there were bound to be early adopters that skipped the previous gen version. Which means that there were bound to be many potential customers of the bat, not even including the ones that wanted to double-dip for enanched graphics/modes/extras/idk.

However if anyone thinks either of these two games deserve game of the year consideration, they're out of their minds.

A little deranged, but aren't we all?

Because i want to continue playing GTAOnline on my PS4 rather than playing it on PS3. It's also worth picking up again as it's that good.

Mr Khan said:
It's not really Game of the Year until we find an outlet dumb enough to give Game of the Year to a remaster.

Well, it will probably get ROTY at The Game Awards, they do have that category....

Around the Network

I didn't play it last gen, because I figured there would be a next gen release. None of my friends who got it with their PS4 played it last gen either. Just because GTA5 sold like crazy before doesn't necessarily mean everyone who was interested jumped on it then.

Im sensing some anger at metacritic scores even though the op went out of its way to sidestep the topic.

The "only slighty better, why even bother buying it" is laughable, why ever upgrade or buy new games if graphics arent important, why should we buy pikmin 3 when 1 and 2 essentially play the same?

Fact of the matter is, gtav graphics upgrade is substantial, first person mode adds a lot to the game, and the more stable framerates improve all aspects of the gameplay experience.

Get over it.

qwertyDANIELqwerty said:

GTA V just came out on the PS4 and Xbox One. It has already sold millions in the first week. All I can say, why? What human being would spend 60 dollars just for slightly better graphic effects on a first person mode that doesn't change the gameplay at all? Apparently millions, I guess.

Seriously, stop it game developers, stop rehashing games that you sold a year ago just so you can take advantage of people who oppsess over 1080p graphics. And more importantly, CONSUMERS, stop buying these rehashed games, it's the main reason they are staying.

What are your thoughts?

You know that not everybody in the world has played the game last year right?  Like, maybe you had a Wii or Wii U, or maybe you just didn't get the game because your Xbox 360 was catching dust in the past year, or whatever - maybe you were too young to play GTA V last year.

So for anyone who hasn't played the game before, it's a very worthy game to get this year.

For anyone who has played the game, and liked it so much that they would doubledip, well they know better their taste than you do.

What is your problem with other people / companies games anyway?  Are you a Take Two investor who is unhappy about Rockstar spending time to port this game?  I guess not, so are you just trying to downplay the game for some fan-ish reasons?

My 8th gen collection

Sorry. Some just can't bare the feeling that GTA V is about to be GOTY 3 years in a row. Get over it. It's the best game on the market.

I'm hoping The Last of Us wins remake of the year. Sucks it lost vgx's goty last year to gta 5.